LPC2012 - Minotaurs Devastators, Razorback & Boarding Squad

Molloch

Well, here we are again. My LPC Vow is to complete an 10-man Devastator squad with Heavy Bolters and their Razorback, and a 10-man Boarding Assault squad which I plan to kit out with various Stratagems from the IA Badab War books... so here goes:

Firstly, 4 of the 10 Boarding Marines, complete with some rather natty 'interior corridor' bases that I have acquired:

gallery_56371_6835_2036711.jpg

Next, 4 Devastators (3 Heavy Bolters and their Sergeant):

gallery_56371_6835_233867.jpg

and a close-up of the awesome FW Korvydae head that I've used for that 'get some!' effect:gallery_56371_6835_255660.jpg

These guys are at the messy drybrush armour stage, which is now complete. next up is boltgun metal/badab black for the required areas...

Looking excellent, I love your bronze and you've managed to make heavy bolters look awesome (something I could never do myself). Where are those bases from, out of interest? I see a lot of interior/tech/spaceship bases like those just throw down a checkerplate pattern and call it a day, the detail on those is exsquisite.

Thanks chaps :P

@Esponjabob, it's a quick and dirty mainly drybrushing technique. Basecoat Tin Bitz, then drybrush Dwarf Bronze (or Brazen Brass if you can find it) then Shining Gold then finally Mithril Silver to get the burnished look. It's all about getting them done as quickly as possible but I'm slightly proud of how it comes out.

@Dark Link, they're made by a friend of mine who builds scenery.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!!

I've not got as much done as I wanted to, but nevetheless the first 5 Devastators are all done:

gallery_56371_6835_567293.jpg

And I've built and partially painted the rest of the squad:

gallery_56371_6835_273462.jpg

And I've built, sprayed, and fully finished (bar a teeny bit of text on the purity seals) their Razorback:

gallery_56371_6835_1913883.jpg

gallery_56371_6835_1882738.jpg

And I've built a couple extra dudes for the Boarding squad:

gallery_56371_6835_1606841.jpg

And finished one of them. I'm very happy with this chap (except for his lean...):

gallery_56371_6835_1443509.jpg

Thanks chaps :P

Midnight Runner - they're leftover from Terminator sprues, just added to a FW Heavy Bolter Razorback turret. The Drum Mags are from my Deimos Predator as I gave it lascannons...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm halfway(ish) there!!

My Devastators and Razorback, and 4 Boarding Marines, are done and I've got a quick WIP shot of the next three guys - the Sergeant, Graviton Gun marine and a normal guy:

gallery_56371_6963_366054.jpg

I'm digging the way this wedge looks, although wierdly I'm kinda struggling to get into painting them, hence the delayed update and the slow progress...

gallery_56371_6963_723603.jpg

I especially like how implacable and Centurion-y the Sarge looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived