Rip and cut and mutilate the innocent!

Rogan

Hi folks, another piece I completed today.

Hope you like 'em!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6955/bobwaz.jpg

Sculpted the hands and the wounds myself. Was quite an effort and sure isn't perfect, but I assume it's the best greenstuffing I did so far.

C&C greatly appreciated!

:tu: That's amazing! The only "critique" I've got is "How did he rip off his head and not get blood all over himself"? And even that is under duress, cause I know it would have messed up the paint job.

This, combined with the fact that he doesn't seem to be carrying any weapons, did he lose them? did he go out without weapons but with full armour? would make more sense if you at least put a bloody knife/sword on the base, which he dropped after severing most of the head and then dropped to tear it of completly, would also help to at least partly explain the lack of blood

Apart from that though it looks great, nice conversion and cracking paintjob

:mellow: That's amazing! The only "critique" I've got is "How did he rip off his head and not get blood all over himself"? And even that is under duress, cause I know it would have messed up the paint job.

This, combined with the fact that he doesn't seem to be carrying any weapons, did he lose them? did he go out without weapons but with full armour? would make more sense if you at least put a bloody knife/sword on the base, which he dropped after severing most of the head and then dropped to tear it of completly, would also help to at least partly explain the lack of blood

He might be at "interrogate" the prisoners stage after the battle, where his bare hands get more answers than a bolter.

:) That's amazing! The only "critique" I've got is "How did he rip off his head and not get blood all over himself"? And even that is under duress, cause I know it would have messed up the paint job.

Meh, TBH I wouldn't run around with weapons if I didn't need to (in the 40k setting). It would be amusing to walk up to a squad of guardsmen and start tearing them to peices with just my hands, simply because I could. IMHO, of course

While I think the idea is great, and to a degree the paint is nice....I think in some ways this little min-dio needs some work. If I could point out a few things that have not been mentioned yet;

The head-The face is lacking some detail, while I think the basis of an expression is present, there is depth missing to it.

The body- It simply looks like you took a gaurdsman body, plucked the ehad off and attached it to the arm of the terminator, there is no movement in the peice, no expression, it looks rather static and modeled, as oppsed to dynamic, animated and threatenting.

The colors-while applied very nicel and with a level of skill, this is supposed to be the grim dark future, I did not think pastels would be part of that future. I think if you increased the contrast of the colors it would add some nice depth and give a nice finished theme to the model.

The base-while cool in concept, I think again it is lacking a little depth that would help improve the overall contrast.

Like I said though, great idea, great effort, and I think with a few more considerations to theme and detail, next time you would be able to produce an over all great looking piece.

Ashton

"If this is a consular ship, WHERE is the ambassador?" :whistling:

"Uhh... Commissar? You were right, sir. Our negotiations with that scum were short."

Very very nice piece. I do like how the Guardsman looks quite small compared to the Terminator.

Archived