shooting at vehicles

khurdur

Hello !

Quick Q:

Lets say I have 5 blood angel assault marines with one meltagun and 4 bolt pistols. I shoot at a rhino with the meltagun and blow it up, and out pop its occupants. can I shoot them with the bolt pistols or do I lose the shots?

Hello !

Quick Q:

Lets say I have 5 blood angel assault marines with one meltagun and 4 bolt pistols. I shoot at a rhino with the meltagun and blow it up, and out pop its occupants. can I shoot them with the bolt pistols or do I lose the shots?

All the units shooting must target a single enemy unit. You can assault the transported unit in your example, but you shot at the vehicle - so the BP shots are lost. (BRB, Pg.67)

Dswanick is correct. <3 All shooting per unit takes place simultaneously; i.e. your marines shot their bolt pistols at that tank (if they fired at all), no matter how futile that seems.

Yep, dswanick and thade covered the two rules that govern your question- the melta does not fire "first," the whole unit fires at the same time, and the unit must fire at only one target.

In a related example, consider a Land Raider Crusader, with a Twin-Linked Assault Cannon and Hurricane Bolter sponsons. Even though through Power of the Machine Spirit one weapon can be fired at a second target, all of the Land Raider's shots take place at the same time. That is, you can't fire the TLAC at a vehicle with PotMS to open it up and then fire the Hurricane Bolters at the models who get out.

It might be helpful for me to point out that all shooting for a given unit is declared before it takes place, and you can't declare that they're shooting at a target that's not on the table...even if it may end up on the table as a result of the melta gun. :D

Archived