World Eaters Long Ranged Support

Redemption2994

Alright, to start off, I'd like to say that ever since I started 40k about 2-3 years ago, I've always been a huge fan of the World Eaters. And as I've collected, I've come to make other CSM models as well. Does anyone have a finished World Eaters army that makes use of Bolters and other Long Ranged weapons? (ex. Havocs, Obliterators, Bolter Marines) I know it's been up to debate if it's fluffy to use long range weapons favoured over Chain-axes and such. Personally, from a gaming standpoint, its hard not to with all the CQC powerhouse units other codexes have. Does anyone have any pictures of painted World Eaters with Bolters? I feel strange visualizing it and painting it. And what have you done to make them World Eaters? Just painting my guys as Red and Gold would just make them Red and Gold Chaos Marines, I want them to look the part as much as play their part in reaping skulls for Khorne.

I've got about 20 Regular Marines and about 36 Berzerkers, none of which are fully painted. (Minus one Skull Champion.) I could really use some encouraging pictures of finished armies to get me in the groove to start mine. Thanks a bunch!

Blood for the Blood God!

Look into "Teeth of Khorne". They are normally havoc marines with a variety of rapid fire weapons.

Take 8 of them for the sacred number and give the squad 4 autocannons. Now you have an effective anti-transport and MC squad. Its up to you whether you actually give them mark of Khorne but I would pass personally.

If you want to get an idea of the units in action, check up some videos of Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising, as it shows the unit moving and firing.

I'm currently awaiting a chaos space marine box so I can do this very thing. I'll be using heavy bolters to represnt autocannons in an 8 man havok squad. The right shoulder pad will be a smooth pad with a forge world brass etch Khorne symbol. You could also use the FW World Eaters shoulder pads.

Khorne is the God not just of close combat and rage but also of martial prowess. Laying down supporting fire so your comrades can advance unhindered so that they might better slaughter the enemy is pretty cool no?

You could even justify it further by saying that they are new additions to the warband and must first prove themselves to their mortal superior (Chaos Lord or what have you) before they may truly give themselves over to Khorne. This is backed up by new astartes being drafted into the role of devastator before assault or tactical squad.

Hope this helps!

JG

I based my Worldeater havocs on the work of Grandmaster Wade as well:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/BrningHalo/Warhammer%2040K%20Khorne/KhorneHavocsWIP1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/BrningHalo/Warhammer%2040K%20Khorne/KhorneHavocsWIP2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/BrningHalo/Warhammer%2040K%20Khorne/KhorneHavocsWIP3.jpg

They are still works in progress but the Marine Devastator bits work wel with the Chaos Marine and Khorne Berzerker bits.

Thanks,

Tom

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived