My Vow: Grey Knights

DHeese

Hey all,

No pics yet, but I do have 7 PAGK fully painted and washed in rusty, foot-slogging goodness. I know my idea sounds odd, but since I'm playing GK yet love the PH Death Guard Scheme, I couldnt help it :) . The rest of the guys (and Rhino, not part of vow) are primed white and ready to go. More to come, including pics of the first two combat squads. Each five man squad is going to be color coordinated by squad using their blades and storm bolter (or Psycannon) housings, each with a different color. looking foward to seeing everyone elses vows!

For now,

Dan H

Thanks you all :)

@ Ah-a: I've bascially just done white primer, then brush up the spots, then to get the rusty/dirty look, I've been washing them with either Badab Black or Griffion Sepia randomly to mix it up. I find it looks superb, a real nasty, grimy look to them.

-Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

Due to camera problems, there will be no WIP picts, but the finished product, which is almost done, will be posted eventually! The scheme I came up with was this.

Prime White

Touch up any areas not hit with primer with Skull White

Snot Green Details (shoulder edges, helmet top, etc)

Blood Red details (books, leg engravings, etc)

Boltgun Metal and Weapon Details( metal areas, weapons, etc)

Skin(if needed)

Touch ups, eyes and then finally

either a medium wash of Badab Black or Griffion Sepia to give them that dirty look. It should be noted that the wash wasnt applied evenly because i wanted a random dirty look to them, not like it had been painted.

Highlights are optional for me at this point b/c i enjoy playing with them more than painting.

Picts eventually!!!

For now,

Dan H

Archived