Logan´s Fangs

Booyah

Hiho B&C Community,

I recently started my Space Wolves Army that I call: Logan´s Fangs. It´s basicly a terminator army, with the goal to have just terminator-armoured Space Wolves leaded by Logan Grimnar himself. The only modells in powerarmour will be the bikesquad und the thunderwolves.

Totally forgot to tell you guys the army configuration:

HQ

Logan Grimnar + 7 Terminators in a Land Raider Crusader (custom built)

Runepriest Njal + 7 Terminators in a Land Raider Crusader

Wolfpriest + 7 Terminators in a Land Raider Crusader

Bjorn (Dreadnought)

TROOPS

8 Terminators including Arjac (don´t know what he´s called in english; that guy with the hammer and big shield) in a Land Raider crusader

10 Terminators

10 Terminators

ELITE

3 (Venerable) Dreadnoughts

FAST ATTACK

5 Thunderwolves (imho looking for modells, maybe bears)

10 Bikes + Trike

3 Land Speeders

SUPPORT

3 Land Raider Crusader (the ones carrying the HQs)

The first modells I´m proudly presenting here will be the terminators, well just one of them... ;)

This is just a testmodell, and the next ones will look way cleaner und brighter. To be true I don´t like the main-grey of the armour itself, because I think the "shadowgrey" doesn´t really fit on these guys. Please excuse my bad english because it´s not my main language.

Have fun looking und please feel free to C&C.

gallery_56165_6847_101105.jpg

gallery_56165_6847_119519.jpg

gallery_56165_6847_221327.jpg

gallery_56165_6847_162276.jpg

Boo

UPDATE Customized Logan Grimnar

Here I present you my customized Logan Grimnar. This is btw the "old" metal Logan. I took his axe years ago for a wolflord in TDA so I had to rebuilt a new axe myself. In my opinion the old one was way too small to count as an twohanded weapon , that´s why the new one got that big. Also the stormbolter-arm was missing so I replaced that one with parts from the Grey Knight Terminators (nice box btw) and a shoulderpad from Scibor.

So here he is in all his customized glory.

Feel free to C&C.

gallery_56165_6847_321240.jpg

gallery_56165_6847_272459.jpg

Axe detail

gallery_56165_6847_7937.jpg

Boo

Hi guys,

thanks for the C&C

Has this been sprayed with old Rough Coat spray or something?

I don't know if C & C is welcome but as you have made a post I feel the need to say. Strip this model so you can actually see detail again. As it is, it's ruined. Also thin your paints down man.

From the pictures you´re right man, it looks like all detail is gone, but it´s not. This is due to the daylight-bulp i´m using when taking pictures. It´s just black spraypaint and a little white spraypaint from another angle (45°) but far away, this also imitateds (don´t know if this is the right word :) ) a lightsource coming from above the miniature. This way I can see details and stuff better while painting. I find it hard to paint a completly black miniature, that´s why all my modells are basecoated this way.

Gotta admit, the pictures are crap but you will see the details once it is painted, trust me on this. I will try out different ways to take pictures of these basecoated guys in the future.

So everything is ok with the spraypaints i´m using (not GW), it´s just too much light involved (daylight-bulp and cameraflash) ;)

Boo

Hiho B&C,

UPDATE:

Arjac Rockfist (don´t know if that´s the his name in english), based on Captain Lysander from the Imperial Fists. I´m still looking for a good fitting anvil for him which will be placed on top of his armour where the imperial fists insignia was. I think I´m going to sculpt one myself but if anyone has an idea just go for it. ^_^

C&C appreciated

gallery_56165_6847_10845.jpg

gallery_56165_6847_177076.jpg

gallery_56165_6847_213634.jpg

gallery_56165_6847_119631.jpg

gallery_56165_6847_149071.jpg

Boo

must say I find the spraying technique intriguing - does it really show up that much better for detail painting?

also - I like the Logan convert - yes in english Arjac is the same :) and I'm not sure about the wulfen fella - maybe it's the lighting but hopefully once he's painted up he'll look great.

all in all good work - keep it up :)

RB92

Nice work on Arjac- definitely one of the better conversions i've seen of him. Also- that's going to be a huge army considering logan +7wolf guard +crusader costs around 900pts in the setup i'm personally building. Also, i seem to be basing my army on many similar ideas, so i'll be watching this as it progresses :)

Hi B&C,

thanks for the nice comments.

@DirtyDel: The wolfhands and the wulfen-head are from the wulfen-warrior box, I don´t know if these are still available for buying; (they are from the 13th companie, i guess that was in the "Eye of Terror" - campaign book, the one with the complete armylist for an 13th company-style army). It was a lot of work to cut these claws of the modells and ruined the rest of the modell almost completly. So look out for these modells, they rock. :D

Next UPDATE: assault cannons

gallery_56165_6847_116784.jpg

gallery_56165_6847_21902.jpg

Feel free to C&C

Boo

Archived