If you would start a Blood Angels army from scratch...

Exonec

As the title says, I was thinking about how one would go about of starting a Blood Angels entirely from scratch. Therefore I am going to propose a list and I would be happy if you guys would go along :). First, some conditions

The army should be of GW-products available trough the GW website

Only bits available in the boxes bought are allowed in conversions (green stuff and plasticard are allowed)

FOC-chart legal

Maximum 1500 pts

It should, preferably, be maximized in either effectiveness, fun or fluff, and be minimized in terms of cost.

My attempt is a jumper heavy army with devastator support as follows

HQ

Librarian with Jump pack 125 p

Elites

2 Sanguinary Priests with jump packs 150 p

Sanguinary Guard 230 p

Chapter Banner

Sanguinary Guard 210 p

Power Fist

Troops

2 Assault Squads 2*235 = 470 p

2 Meltaguns, Power Fist

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad 140 p

2 Plasma Cannons & 2 Heavy Bolters

Devastator Squad 160 p

2 Missile Launchers & 2 Lascannons

Sum = 1485

My shopping list would then be

1 Sanguinary Guard Box - 20.5 £

-Conversions of Librarian and two sanguinary Priests, Bits for sergeants and so on for the rest

2 Sanguinary Guard Boxes - 41£

-For the Sanguinary Guard obviously

4 Assault squad/Death Company Boxes + a Pack of GW meltaguns - 82£+6.65£

- For making the assault squads

Devastator squad box and Tactical squad - 23+20.5£

To build the two devastator squads and to provide bolter arms for the rest of the army

Sum = 193 £

What do you guys think? :)

Edit: Had forgotten to put unit points

I'm rubbish at lists, but for what its worth you may want to put an IP in one of the SG units. Also if you're buying a DC box, Assault squad, and a tac unit you should pick up at least one battleforce as it has those contents, and basically nets you a 'free' rhino. Note too that dev and tac squads costs €30 each!

Good luck!

edit: just noticed you had put prices in pounds. The pound sign comes before the figure :)

Thank you for your input DarkMark! I'll have to remember that about the currency symbol; in sweden we write ours after...

Don't know if I was unclear about this but this was not a list for myself, this was ment as a challenge for everyone out there to hammer together a good list under the above conditions. Come on guys! ;)

Librarian 125

Jump pack

Assault Squad 235

x10, fist, meltagun x2

Assault squad 235

x10, fist, meltagun x2

Tactical Squad 200

x10, fist, meltagun, missile

Sanguinary Priest 180

x2 Jump Pack, Power weapon

Devastator Squad 190

missiles x2, plasmacannon x2

Devastator Squad 210

Missiles x2, Lascannon x2

The Librarian and priests can be the assault squad box #5 if you are good at conversions. It's what I did. This list should give your assault squads survivability, and a decent chance at combat, while the Dev squads and Tac squad give you a decent fire base. The Tac squad can easily be switched with a Sanguinary Guard box with room for a Fist, or Melta pistol, but you have to take a power weapon off a sanguinary priest or change a fist to a power weapon somewhere. all the war gear should be in the boxes themselves (excepting the meltaguns, but that's what the blisters are for). If you do buy this list, I recommend getting an extra Tac Squad box for bits. Never have enough bits.

Assault squad box x 5= 165 USD

Devsquad box x2=70 USD

Tac Squad box x1=37.25 USD

Meltagun blister x1= 8 USD

total=280.25 USD

Not sure if you are using the Euro or British pound or something similar. Converted, it might cost 350 euro or something.

Archived