Librarian Modelling question

StrangeGuy

Hello all. I'm currently in the process of building my first 750 points of Blood Angels Successory goodness, however I've hit a snag. The Librarian model I want to use to lead my force is the metal one with the staff and the outstretched book, I can't seem to get a jump pack to fit on the model straight without cutting or sanding the librarian's right shoulder pad. So now for the question:

Have any of you wise and noble Sons of Sanguinius used this model with a jump pack before, and if so how did you solve this problem?

I have four jump packs available to use, a plastic one from the assault squad set, a winged one from the sanguinary guard set, Dante's metal pack and the pack from the metal Jump Chaplain.

Thanks in advance for your help.

What I've always done when a jump pack doesn't fit (curse you metal vanguard veterans!) is this.

1 - Cut the round metal dome of the back of the model which is meant to fit into the hole on the pack, just the dome not the whole plinth its mounted on.

2 - Cut a bit of plasticard to the same shape as the afore mentioned plinth. This then sits between the pack and the model and pushes the pack a bit further away from the model. Dry fit this stage to check that its thick enough to do the job, if its not use either thicker plasticard or just multiple pieces to get the desired affect.

3 - Glue the plasticard to the plinth using super glue and let dry thoroughly.

4 - Fill the empty hole in the jump pack with green stuff and allow to dry thoroughly as well.

5 - Drill two 1 mm holes through the plasticard and into the plinth, and matching holes into the jump pack. You can then use these holes to pin the jump pack and the model together with pinning rod (or cut up paper clips).

To be honest if the jump pack you use is plastic you may be able to skip steps 4 and 5 as super glue should hold the model together well enough, but if you choose one of the metal ones its essential otherwise you will soon end up with separate bits again.

What I've always done when a jump pack doesn't fit (curse you metal vanguard veterans!) is this.

1 - Cut the round metal dome of the back of the model which is meant to fit into the hole on the pack, just the dome not the whole plinth its mounted on.

2 - Cut a bit of plasticard to the same shape as the afore mentioned plinth. This then sits between the pack and the model and pushes the pack a bit further away from the model. Dry fit this stage to check that its thick enough to do the job, if its not use either thicker plasticard or just multiple pieces to get the desired affect.

3 - Glue the plasticard to the plinth using super glue and let dry thoroughly.

4 - Fill the empty hole in the jump pack with green stuff and allow to dry thoroughly as well.

5 - Drill two 1 mm holes through the plasticard and into the plinth, and matching holes into the jump pack. You can then use these holes to pin the jump pack and the model together with pinning rod (or cut up paper clips).

To be honest if the jump pack you use is plastic you may be able to skip steps 4 and 5 as super glue should hold the model together well enough, but if you choose one of the metal ones its essential otherwise you will soon end up with separate bits again.

Aye, I've used a method similar to spins's before. Chop down the little nubbin that is supposed to slot into the pack,add some (any really) sort of decent spacer,and attach the jump pack. Enough creativity and paint should do the trick.

-CC

Are you talking about this guy (book is removed)?

I had no problems attaching a jump pack as you can see. It has been a while but as far as I remember I put a layer of greenstuff between the guy and his pack using it as a spacer.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/7/21/249759_md-.JPG

Are you talking about this guy (book is removed)?

I had no problems attaching a jump pack as you can see. It has been a while but as far as I remember I put a layer of greenstuff between the guy and his pack using it as a spacer.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/7/21/249759_md-.JPG

I'm assuming this is the Libby he's referring to as well. I'd also recommend using green stuff to space the jump pack from his back. No cutting, pinning, matching shape sizes, etc.

Archived