Carcharadon Astra

Brother Saturnus

It's so great to hear from so many battle brothers! Thanks for all the responses!

Yeah, Death knight! It's a auxiliary grenade launcher. Im using that chaplain as Chaplain Ivanus Enkomi from Minotaurs (IA10 badab war part2)

Re-fluffed for the sharks. grenade launcher improvised by mixing a scout scope, the lens of a HK missile and some little grenades on the scout sprue. hand crafted by me. I'm glad you could recognize it since it's pretty much 1 of my first handmade items, besides some of my GKs who are pretty shabby at best :P

Here are some of my WIP in the works.

Terminators, landspeeder storm, sniper scouts, bits for my contemptor, mortis tl heavy bolters and a razorback

gallery_49361_6864_499215.jpg

The rest of my tactical assault marines and a terminator.

gallery_49361_6864_349458.jpg

My blood is:

Baal red wash and delvin mud ( I kept it from being mixed so there's two tones of color and a little mixture where they met in the gyoza sauce dish where I had them both.) applied with a large stiff brush by flicking it with my thumb I guess.

Then I smear globs of it on with my finger kindergarten style! And wipe part of it off quickly to make it looks like a streak. I've heard tamiya clear red is the bees knees and I plan to get some to try. I'll put up a gore comparison once I do.

Thanks for all the responses again! :D

For all intents and purposes, this looks ready to roll Brother Saturnus... I agree though, the blood splatter looks too much like red kool-aid rather than thick grizzly vitae. I'll be curious to see what you do with the bases.

Paint on, or perhaps I should say splatter on. :jaw:

FOR TERRA!

FOR THE EMPEROR!

WE ARE THE EMEROR'S CHOSEN!

Brother-Sgt. Steine

Alright! Basing! I love basing! Since you're looking for suggestions, here's what I do for my models: hit all the sand with a coat of shadow grey, then drybrush fortress grey over that. Leave the rim of the base black for best effect. You can see what the results look like in my gallery. I love your Carcharadons!

My chirping in here is in no way meant to discredit the post above me, but I personally find that a shadowgrey basecoat ends up being a bit too blue for my tastes. If you're of equal mind I humbly suggest maybe a mix of codex and fortress grey drybrushed straight over a black undercoat.

You could also make sure to vary the type of sand or gravel or tiny rocks you use to get textures, maybe spice things up with a small thatch of green flock here and there, then there's also some pricy 40k basing kits out there i think if you want additional details, but simply cannibalizing surplus bits should suffice for some variation.

Awesome force btw, love the heresy look

• 8 months later...
Awesome awesome AWESOME blood splatter....if only you could make it....chunkier lol

Tyvm! I've been experimenting with chunkier gore... But no winners quite yet.

Saadeath* its a contemptor dreadnought from forgeworld imperial armor 2

Speaking of the Dread... Lol!

Here he is with his new base!

gallery_49361_6864_539620.jpg

Looking at the pic I posted.. my blood missed his plasma canisters... :/

And of course a vanity group shot ;)

gallery_49361_6864_1197053.jpg

Thanks for the nice words and interest, more soon.

Archived