LPC 2012 - Dark Angels Tactical Squad

Buyback

HI,

I'm sorry to inform that its GAME OVER for me... :( The culprit is my stain varnish spray and the way i varnished my parts. I held the can to far, thus the effect was devastating... . The parts of the models have small mat dots, that really mess the model. At this point i don't want to see any more paints, brushes, models etc. Hope in time this will fade away. In the meantime I'm going for some car brake fluid to try to clean the parts. Maybe I'll have a second chance in a future far far away ;)

You will be back Buyback.... mark my words... LPC 2013 You WILL be back! ;) ..... It is hard when faced with such a situation but it is entirely due to bad luck.... Just check Loki isnn't lurking in the background... i mean...Cypher!! :)

SG

Buyback, if the problem is the varnish, not any actual paint, there are ways to fix that. Google "frosting varnish fix". It may not work, but its worth a try before stripping the models.

Thx Brother-Captain Sharp. I read several articles. It seams I'm not the only one. I hope this will help me in the future not to make the same mistake. I'll try to recycle the parts by dipping them in car brake fluid. After that I'll start all over again... :lol:

HI,

I'm sorry to inform that its GAME OVER for me... :cuss The culprit is my stain varnish spray and the way i varnished my parts. I held the can to far, thus the effect was devastating... . The parts of the models have small mat dots, that really mess the model. At this point i don't want to see any more paints, brushes, models etc. Hope in time this will fade away. In the meantime I'm going for some car brake fluid to try to clean the parts. Maybe I'll have a second chance in a future far far away ;)

Use dettol the brown one,its not dangerous to health and models alike.

That apothecary i posted for the lpc wip,i had him 4 or 5 times stripped down.

Dettol is indeed very good. I prefer that over BF, because of the non-toxicness.

And, next time dont varnish the models. It takes away depth and highlights, and if you have a decent case to store them in you shold be fine.

Unlike for my BB-figures (who will lay on a pitch face up or down quite a lot) I dont see the need to varnish 40K models.

But that's just me. I dont even varnis ALL of my BB-models or teams.

And, next time dont varnish the models. It takes away depth and highlights, and if you have a decent case to store them in you shold be fine.

Depends,i have not too much experience on the matters but i used Gws varnish and applied at a proper measure(a couple of shots per side) detail remains the shame.The only effect i noticed is a very slight darkening of the colors over the course of the next week,kinda works to bring tie them together though.

Archived