New BA FAQ posted

JamesI

You stick with what's actually in the book - and in this case LoS for movement ain't in the book.

If you want to play it that way, there's nothing in the book that says that LoS can't be measured in the other phases. Indeed, if you look at the infiltrate USR you have an example right there of LoS being used outside of the shooting phase.

I ve always found it easier to assume that in movement everything can see all around itself until it hits something it can't see through even if it's a tank and drawing LOS for shooting only applies to the gunner not the vehicle. For the Stormtrooper or Russ example, I'd say the Dread would just pivot and attack the Troopers but in shooting would be forced to stay in place and draw LOS from whatever direction the gun is facing after it's movement.

As for the FAQ. I am surprised to see that Sanguine Sword Psy power remains unchanged (unless I am mistaken) Str 10 Librarian lasting the whole game.. WAAC players will be happy. I personally role the psy test each time i use it for fairness.

Claws

No one I know plays it that way here. Or any other major tournament ive been to overseas

Think its just small clubs with vocal proponents.

As for the FAQ. I am surprised to see that Sanguine Sword Psy power remains unchanged (unless I am mistaken) Str 10 Librarian lasting the whole game.. WAAC players will be happy. I personally role the psy test each time i use it for fairness.

Claws

I've never seen anyone really attempt to use it where it lasted all game on one test. Anyone who did would be ostracized from the groups I've played with.

I roll Sword every assault phase I want it.

Congrats on getting the rolling to hit for Blood Lance as we got for JotWW. Cries could be heard across the Imperium from other players.

It was the right ruling in both cases. As worded neither make sense needing to roll to hit.

I beg to differ before they could only move it the max they could normally move, infantry 6 inchs even if they rolled a 12, the best part of the power was the pinning test and being somewhat cheaper then other powers. Compared with say drawing a line and killing most stuff along it or being able to smash a LR.

Lash was good for setting up templates or for closing assault distance but if you scattered or not a zerker the power is simply a way to pin.

Archived