Warptime nerf.....

In the new FAQ, GW have ruled that warptime is now all dice, not just the missed/failed to wound rolls that are rerolled, I don't see any point to it, and it just seems designed to hurt Thousand sons (as does the movement ruling) The dread bit is nice, but am now thinking of not taking warptime on any of my sorcerers.

So which powers shall we be using on our sorcerers and aspiring sorcerers? what do you all think of this?

1. Choice is Doombolt- For lists where you want the pts for 4+ sources of anti-tank minimum (raptors, oblits) and it means you will be keeping squads bare minimum.

Bolt of Change- Good if you spam it on all the squads you bring, but I still think it belongs on HQ sorcerers

Wind of Chaos- Never good because of the autocannon threat against our rhinos, smart opponents won't let thousand sons get it off if they're walking

Gift of Chaos- Only good on Ahriman since he's still the only psyker in 40k who can use the same power 3x

Warptime- I will still be using it on 1 sorcerer out of 3, but I've shelved the sons til the new book so he likely will not see battles for a while

All is dust, but all is not lost

It is a bit of a shame this 'new' warptime but what with the new rules coming out soon enough and at some point reasonably hot on 6th eds. heels a new chaos codex I'm sure we'll get lots of super-awesome-broken-ward-written rules that it won't matter. Well that's what I'm hoping for anyway!

On the other hand the aspiring sorcerer now attacks on normal speed...

Warptime nerf is painfull, think my tzeentch prince is now going with bolt and gift, aspirings with wind and gift, dont forget gift can be devastatin to kill characters or champs.

Warptime nerf is painfull, think my tzeentch prince is now going with bolt and gift, aspirings with wind and gift, dont forget gift can be devastatin to kill characters or champs.

Can aspiring choices take 2 powers? Or are you refering to mixed powers across the army.

I'm thinking I will have to dump warp time until I at least get a few more spawn painted up.

My sorceror with familiar. Hmm wind, bolt of change, and doom bolt seems pretty reasonable.

They have been doing that for quite a while now, that FAQ entry is not new as far as I know...

I mourn with you guys, the loss of warptime is horrible! But keep at it...soon we will have a new dex and all will be well(hopefully)!

I don't see the big issue with this... The faq states it for those I guess that missed this.... I apologize for quoting the codex if you people that says it's nerfed, but in the codex page 88 in the current codex.

"The power is used at the start of any player's turn. If successful, the psyker may re-roll all rolls to hit and rolls to wound for the entirety of that player's turn."

Thus I don't see it as a nerf if it has been there from the beginning back whenever this codex was put out you know. I mean who has been running it as only misses whenever it states what it does in the codex? Its still a good thing that I've personally won matches with on daemonprinces.

Also on another note I apologize again to the admin if this isn't allowed, just tired of hearing the bellyaching over this.

I don't see the big issue with this... The faq states it for those I guess that missed this.... I apologize for quoting the codex if you people that says it's nerfed, but in the codex page 88 in the current codex.

"The power is used at the start of any player's turn. If successful, the psyker may re-roll all rolls to hit and rolls to wound for the entirety of that player's turn."

Thus I don't see it as a nerf if it has been there from the beginning back whenever this codex was put out you know. I mean who has been running it as only misses whenever it states what it does in the codex? Its still a good thing that I've personally won matches with on daemonprinces.

Also on another note I apologize again to the admin if this isn't allowed, just tired of hearing the bellyaching over this.

In the new FAQ, GW have ruled that warptime is now all dice, not just the missed/failed to wound rolls that are rerolled...

Bolded the significant part of the OP.

Ok from new faq....

Q: Does Warptime allow the psyker to pick and choose

which To Hit and To Wound dice he will re-roll? (p88)

A: No. He can decide after each To Hit or To Wound roll

but he must re-roll all dice or no dice.

From codex.... as written

Not trying to start an arguement here. Just saying the FAQ is exactly what it says in codex. I've been playing for years and have been playing it exactly how the FAQ has said without a problem. I just don't see where people get only misses from the codex that I've seen floating about.

Not trying to start an arguement here. Just saying the FAQ is exactly what it says in codex. I've been playing for years and have been playing it exactly how the FAQ has said without a problem. I just don't see where people get only misses from the codex that I've seen floating about.

Because everywhere else, including the major tournaments, ruled that the intent was only failed rolls were re-rolled. No other power/gift/ability in the game punishes your successes; lightning claws never re-roll all their dice, just the failed To Wounds, Preferred Enemy never makes you re-roll all the dice, just the misses, etc etc. There was precedent everywhere that only the failures got a re-roll, never successes. Now, it's stated literally that it's both successes and failures. Bully for you that you were ahead of the curve, but quite literally everywhere else would have disagreed with you prior to the FAQ.

Oh ok... I get it now lol. So I apologize. I've personally never been to a really big tournament yet for this hobby in the 6 years I've been playing. Only the monthly ones at my local club. It never came up alot because of me and 1 other guy being the only ones that still play chaos. My mentor would be the 3rd if he hadn't passed away recently.

1. Choice is Doombolt- For lists where you want the pts for 4+ sources of anti-tank minimum (raptors, oblits) and it means you will be keeping squads bare minimum.

Bolt of Change- Good if you spam it on all the squads you bring, but I still think it belongs on HQ sorcerers

Wind of Chaos- Never good because of the autocannon threat against our rhinos, smart opponents won't let thousand sons get it off if they're walking

Gift of Chaos- Only good on Ahriman since he's still the only psyker in 40k who can use the same power 3x

Warptime- I will still be using it on 1 sorcerer out of 3, but I've shelved the sons til the new book so he likely will not see battles for a while

All is dust, but all is not lost

I applied an old Grey Knight tactica to Thousand sons... Basically a raider build... So it has the weaknesses of a 1kson list and a Land Raider list but it is also pretty tough... Tank shock squads, get out... template... bolter what is left. I'm not saying it is perfect but if you are playing in an environment and style where you do get up close and personal then it is fine.

Unfortunately Aspiring sorcerers with any power are overpriced... So now you have the choice of taking the cheapest power because it is the cheapest or taking a power because you want it...

Also on the other point it says you may roll all dice but never made clear if you had to choose between rolling all or none or if you could choose which dice (out of all of them) that you could re-roll. As others have pointed out other powers have specified if successful or failed rolls were re-rolled depending on what the power did.

Archived