Inquisitor Valeria

Maligoare

I picked up an Isabella von Carstein model at the Vampires release this Saturday, and decided to turn her in to an Inquisitor Valeria. I'm not entirely sold on keeping the hair as is, as I think it still looks too close to the base model. Question is - what would I replace it with? She's actually a really small figure, and I don't think even Wood Elf or Dark Eldar heads would look small enough. I could of course take a mould of her face and then try my hand at sculpting a more suitable head and hair, but the problem there is that I'm not sure what would be suitable. All of the female Inquisitors GW sell have similarly puffy hair as well, for some reason. I also got rid of most of the flowers on her skirts (no poncy flowers in my grimdark, thank you very much!) and carved/re-sculpted the folds of material, which I'm rather pleased with.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/426/inquisitorvaleriawip1.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/599/inquisitorvaleriawip2.jpg

So far, she's got the Dagger of Midnight and the laspistol (ok, shuriken pistol - she's such a Xenos-tech magpie, I thought it would be odd to have an Imperial sidearm) covered, and there's a borrowed Eldar rune at her waist which isn't visible in the picture. The box and nub assembly on her left wrist is intended to be the shield generator. I want to represent all of her unique wargear too, so I need to find a way of giving her a Graviton Beamer and a Hyperstone Maze. The maze is supremely easy, as it is described as an emerald cube - one piece of square section plastic rod coming right up! The Graviton Beamer is another matter. It's got to be small (a one shot pistol railgun), and is probably not Tau in origin depite being "acquired" from an alien weaponsmith in the Ultima Segmentum. Something like that shouldn't be beyond the Jokaero given that they can make multi-shot lascannon rings, so it might (might) be possible to pass it off as a digital weapon. If not, I'm in need of some ideas!

What do you think?

I like her. Very gothic. It looks like she's come out from an undercover operation to combat the scum of the Imperium. Not sure about how to model a graviton weapon on her, perhaps a cut down Graviton Gun from forgeworld? Maybe place it in a holster, or something? I don't know. Hmm...

Archived