Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Crimson Hawk

Well, things have certainly heated up these last few weeks, thanks to good ol' FW I now need to re-examine this project somewhat. I'll be waiting to see if FW does anything I will want to buy, ie. an Ahriman or Phosis T'Kar model. However, no matter what, I still won't take Magnus, as if you remember, he refused to fight the Spess Puppies until the very end. No matter how good he is. So, the army will be postponed(again) until the first FW book comes out.

However, no matter what, I still won't take Magnus, as if you remember, he refused to fight the Spess Puppies until the very end.

You really can't blame him...we ARE scary individuals... :D

And I can't blame you, FW is probably going to come out with some killer sculpts...

• 4 weeks later...
Well, things have certainly heated up these last few weeks, thanks to good ol' FW I now need to re-examine this project somewhat. I'll be waiting to see if FW does anything I will want to buy, ie. an Ahriman or Phosis T'Kar model. So, the army will be postponed(again) until the first FW book comes out.

Screw that! If I'm ever going to get this done, I'm going to have to do it now. So, in a spurt of bradavo, I signed up for the Tale of Heresy Painters parallel thread, to represent the Sons of Magnus. I'll be putting up all my pictures on this thread, plus other pics that never made the final cut. Wish me luck!

• 3 weeks later...

No pictures (yet), just Dilemma

So I will likely soon come into possession of quite a few Thousand Sons (40k, not 30k, sadly) models for a bargain price, and I would like to use them in this army. However, this has left me with a dilemma- as the artwork on A Thousand Sons shows only Seargents, Captains ect. had the crested helms. Of course, if you could help me with a fluff reason for this, it would help ease my conscience, and I wouldnt be stuck with an eternal nagging sensation that they don't look right.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and I finished Brother Testere (spelling intentional) the other night, so I'll get some pics up soon.

Edit:Damn this technology!

Anybody? Wow, this place is echo-y.

I wish I could come up with something!

I'm doing the same myself. Other than saying 'because I want to', 'because they're iconic'...ideas are scarce.

Claim they're in special ceremonial armour...and battles always happen to break out while they're wearing them :)

They're a particularly pompous taskforce (the captain was seconded to the Emperor's Children for a time) and always strive to look the best...

I'm interested to see what (no doubt infinitely better) ideas others can come up with, or I simply go with my 'because I want to'. Heck, they're our toy soldiers, as the old saying goes.

No pictures (yet), just Dilemma

So I will likely soon come into possession of quite a few Thousand Sons (40k, not 30k, sadly) models for a bargain price, and I would like to use them in this army. However, this has left me with a dilemma- as the artwork on A Thousand Sons shows only Seargents, Captains ect. had the crested helms. Of course, if you could help me with a fluff reason for this, it would help ease my conscience, and I wouldnt be stuck with an eternal nagging sensation that they don't look right.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and I finished Brother Testere (spelling intentional) the other night, so I'll get some pics up soon.

Edit:Damn this technology!

I suppose you could use them as veterans. I can't think of any fluffy examples of TS (regular marines) in their iconic head gear before the Heresy. I recon the 40K TS would look pretty good in the 30K colour scheme.

I'd say, veterans indeed. Or, better, a command squad/honor guard. Or a small minor sorceror cabal. Just think of them as elite in the sense that each of them is at least on par with a sergeant/sorceror, but form a squad.

Okay, I don't think this will count towards my monthly contribution, but it's all I've got to show for my efforts atm, so here's Brother Tester;

gallery_65221_7740_320892.jpg

gallery_65221_7740_288424.jpg

gallery_65221_7740_261782.jpg

gallery_65221_7740_288121.jpg

Of course, the lovely Scottish light, so perfect for pictures, hasn't at all ruined my model, destroyed the highlighting etc. *End sarcasm * But terrible pics are better than none. And, as the bolter/gold show, this is a work in progress.

• 1 month later...

Archived