LPC - Word Bearers

The Prophet

Hel-lo, what's this? More miniatures from Prophet? Yes, please!

As always, your ability to do such clean, striking reds, especially when they're over your completely natural-looking conversions and poses, is astounding. The Raptor Lord's amazing, with all the attention to detail, especially on that gorgeous bionic arm you've crafted. Seriously, as someone who's gearing up for a Word Bearers army, you're an inspiration. :lol:

Thanks guys! I have a terrain project in between right now, but once I've finished five forests I'll be back on the Word Bearer track and will be building some raptors. Right now I'm out of magnets so I can't do very much.

The writing is done with thinned out paint and a small brush that I flatten and use one of the sides.

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved a package - 300 lovely magnets and my very first finecast! Not so fine, but not terribly bad either. A few holes and mould marks. Now I can start building!

med_gallery_25850_1043_179506.jpg

It was quite the cost considering I will only use these jumppacks and leave the birds inside for my bits box. (Anyone interested in trading?)

gallery_25850_1043_3558.jpg

That raptor lord's tabard is out of this world. Maby we can trubble you for a small guid on how you do that?

Do you thin out the paint with water 50/50, or what do you mean?

Great work, it looks so flawless.

• 1 month later...

After a long while I have only managed to paint a single miniature. Though the raptors are built and I will try to quicken the pace for these last days.

med_gallery_25850_1043_66223.jpg

The Champ!

gallery_25850_1043_15692.jpg

The Melta/Plasmagunner

gallery_25850_1043_41694.jpg

The Other Melta/Plasmagunner

gallery_25850_1043_3807.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_21114.jpg

The Icon bearer

med_gallery_25850_1043_7478.jpg

The Gangsta

gallery_25850_1043_25021.jpg

The making of gloves

med_gallery_25850_1043_22588.jpg

Looks great, Prophet. The Icon Bearer's pose is especially evocative.

Also, this. Because I cannot help myself. :)

http://lexingtonnet.com/comeatmebro.jpg

PS: By the by, I keep meaning to ask - what did you use for the tubing/wiring on the Lord's arm? I've been looking all over for springs or other material of that size to do similar things with.

Looks great, Prophet. The Icon Bearer's pose is especially evocative.

[...]

PS: By the by, I keep meaning to ask - what did you use for the tubing/wiring on the Lord's arm? I've been looking all over for springs or other material of that size to do similar things with.

Thanks! I used guitar string for the ones painted green and brown stuff for the red ones. I should have used green stuff there I suppose, because its easier for round things, but sometimes you just have a pile of mixed x-stuff that has to beccome something or die. ;)

Have you had success with plasma armed raptors? Such cool models, especially mr boss with his mace.

These are my first raptors with this codex, so I cannot reallly say since I haven't fielded them yet. Plasma seems not so great as before, but who knows what to come of 6th? I like to build all options just in case, so flamers will be done for them in the future as well. ;)

That raptor lord's tabard is out of this world. Maby we can trubble you for a small guid on how you do that?

Do you thin out the paint with water 50/50, or what do you mean?

Great work, it looks so flawless.

I first paint the tabard without text. Then I take my smallest brush, wet it and use about 80/20 of Chaos Black (damn you Abaddon!) and water, so not too mush water because it will be ruined. There will be misspellings and discolouration in that case. I lightly squeeze the brush into a flat paddle and apply paint to it. Then I paint with one of the edges of "the paddle". It sounds more complicated than it is, really.

I love that base, little bit of revenge there, nice.

Your painting is stunning as always, love the Raptor lord. I have to agree with Ludovic on the Raptors though, specifically the melta and plasma guys. They seem like they're somehow being propelled backward. I get the impression the intent was to have them landing, I think maybe repositioning their feet to be tilted downward would sell that better. Mr. Gangsta's fantastic, though, and I can't wait to see what you'll do with a Contemptor.

Damn Prophet!

Bringing tears to my eyes....absolutely stunning work all the way through...It seems I missed alot of cool work while I was on hiatus from Novemeber til now....great great work!

~BtW

Thanks for all comments!

It's fun you like the Gangsta, since he was more of a joke when my good ideas had run out. I actually like the melta-/plasmagunners the best and I'll try to explain how I imagine them. But to each his own I guess.

Let's say this Bearer can't carry the Word without his arms but for the sake of the argument still has them somewhere. There are then many ways to imagine movement in this static 3d model.

gallery_25850_1043_40200.jpg

First off, as has been pointed out, he could be travelling backwards in an akward fashion, little helping his brothers in combat but rather making a fool out of himself.

gallery_25850_1043_8343.jpg

Then of course, he could be falling straight down from the sky, forgetting about his jumppack to test if his power armoured arse can take the impact or not.

gallery_25850_1043_22471.jpg

The third, and not by any means the last way to imagine his movement, is the way I intended. He would then have a high horisontal speed combined with some gravity that would take him down in this fashion. Since I'm no physicist and have not yet travelled with a jetpack, this is all speculation of course. But I imagine that even if he's no helmet-less sergeant, he would still choose not to meet the ground by face and lift his legs up to brace for impact.

gallery_25850_1043_27303.jpg

It's allowed to make your own arrows if you want to!

So far I am likeing your work alot. The CB looks good. I also love/hate your Raptor Champ. He looks great untill I look at his wings.. to me they are both too small and too.... humm pretty I guess. Pretty fluttery wings.. They just dont do it for me. Now this is the conversion I did awile back to make my Raptor champ.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nicorex/002.jpg

Nothing to it really, cut the hand off at the wrist and attached the sang guard bp. Fitted some gargoyle wings to the sang guard jp and bobs your uncle.....

here is the whole squad..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nicorex/012.jpg

Keep up the great work.

Archived