Raven Guard WIP

demio

I really like your army, specialy the weathering, the scouts and the contemptor. :)

Your pod is great too, but the eagles on the doors are too clean.

I mean, the white on the upper part is scratched and dirty, the black of the door too, but those eagles look brand new.

Just my 2cts. ;)

Cheers for the comments, as for the eagle I never really thought about it.

Now that you have pointed it out it's starting to bug me, my problem is I have no idea of how to weather the white on something that small......any ideas anyone? :huh:

I must say I have just noticed a bit of a problem with this army. I was planning on building the 5th company which I thought had green trim. Guess what? It hasn't.

Looks like im doing 4th company. :)

Good thing I noticed now I suppose.

Anyway next coming hopefully next week will be the completed pod (hazard stripes) first tactical squad and counts as Captain Sicarius.

I have an idea to fix those eagles on the drop pod doors.

Remove them, get a razor blade in there and pop em off.

Replace them with Raven guard decals, you can weather right over the decals. Just use micro sol or whatever it is to remove the decal shine.

Not bashing your work here at all, its top notch. Just offering what I would consider doing.

Also I love the bases, great urban ruble going on there. I don't care for natural type basing, hate when a bad ass marine is fighting in a perfect grassy medow.

That's what I was thinking too ;)

I must say I have just noticed a bit of a problem with this army. I was planning on building the 5th company which I thought had green trim. Guess what? It hasn't.

Looks like im doing 4th company. :cuss

If i remember well, in the old index astartes, the color on the trim wasn't for the company but for the squad type: green for tactical, red for assault, yellow for devastator and the white or black for vets with white arms for the commanders.

These pics were use to illustrate the index:

squad marking

Complete with Marine

Hope this help :)

I have an idea to fix those eagles on the drop pod doors.

Remove them, get a razor blade in there and pop em off.

Replace them with Raven guard decals, you can weather right over the decals. Just use micro sol or whatever it is to remove the decal shine.

Not bashing your work here at all, its top notch. Just offering what I would consider doing.

Also I love the bases, great urban ruble going on there. I don't care for natural type basing, hate when a bad ass marine is fighting in a perfect grassy medow.

This is a great idea, cheers.

I will try this on the next drop pod before taking of the aquilla's though ;)

That's what I was thinking too ;)

Looks like im doing 4th company. :lol:

If i remember well, in the old index astartes, the color on the trim wasn't for the company but for the squad type: green for tactical, red for assault, yellow for devastator and the white or black for vets with white arms for the commanders.

These pics were use to illustrate the index:

squad marking

Complete with Marine

Hope this help ;)

This is a subject which I have seen debated heavily. You are right that's how Ravenguard were shown at first.

The 5th edition codex shows them as using standard company colours, so I just kinda made a choice to do this as I prefer the uniform look.

Don't think there has been a real answer to this yet.

Sorry for the delay on updates all, Work has been .... a bit hectic. More pics will probably be next week.

As always cheers for all the help and comments.

Only just noticed this one but i really like what i see. I like your painting style and that contemptor is wicked, i have a bit of an obsession with contemptors of recent and have to say yours is one of the best ones ive seen. Your black is really well done too. Good work i look forward to seeing more. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all.

Just a small update, nothing exciting. Batch painting space marines is not fun.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures there off my phone.

gallery_39558_6876_1294857.jpg

gallery_39558_6876_2110560.jpg

I do need some advice, I am going to be using a count's as Cato Sicarius and I have tried his model and it's err well not for me any ideas what model I could use instead or should I do some kind of kit bash?

As always comments are always welcome and help full.

Archived