Grey Knights Alternative Librarian

henrywalker

So over the last month or so i've posted a couple of times about wanting an alternative librarian model for my grey knights

I've finally built my Librarian. He is converted out of a chaos terminator lord and here he is.

gallery_59654_6869_2301105.jpg

gallery_59654_6869_2111653.jpg

gallery_59654_6869_325637.jpg

I filed down all the chaos detail on the torso which left a very blank chest which i painted with a blue lightning effect. He is holding the chaos sorcerer staff from the terminator lord set, i like the idea of it being like castellan crowe's sword.

Any comments? anything i could have done better?

EDIT: oh, and how do i get the first photo to rotate? it was the right way up on my computer

Hmm, a really interesting alternative. I may crack out the CSM Terminator Lord I have sitting on sprue's since the days of giant Apocalypse box launches.

One thing I think may have been better would have been the cloak. I think it'd look a lot better if it weren't so ragged, and I'm not sure if fur sits with the GK design.

You are definitely onto something here though, and you've inspired me to try something with the same figure.

I think if I were to build one, I'd have used a torso front from the GK sprue to help with the feel of the mini. Or, failing that, a GK helmet.

But great job, brother!

I think if I were to build one, I'd have used a torso front from the GK sprue to help with the feel of the mini. Or, failing that, a GK helmet.

But great job, brother!

I found that the gk torso didn't quite fit, the two types of terminator work differently, the GK ones head goes in the top while the chaso terminator heads sort of go in the front, thats why they look more hunched. I originally did want a gk torso though.

Archived