What I would like to see in the new codex...Dark Mechanicus

ThralKhan

I've been reading "The Chapters Due" and thought, how cool would it be to have a Dark Mechanicus in the codex? It could be a 0-1 Elite choice with the following ability:

Roll a D6 for every IG, SM, or Ork vehicle within 24". On the roll of a 6, that vehicle has been infected with scrapcode and cannot move or fire.

Then the vehicle can't be repaired unless a techpriest, techmarine, or nob (since they scavenge Imperial gear) are in base contact and roll an 11+ on 2D6.

This would make for an interesting game vs a mech-heavy army.

It would also have the rest of the normal gear a techpriest has.

Just a thought.

I hope they flesh out the Mechanicus more, both the loyalist and traitors. They are a very significant faction in the background but besides techpriests and techmarines (and maybe obliterators) they aren't represented.

I'd love to see a full on Mechanicus codex but some additional entries in existing armies would be good too.

100% Absolutely, By-The-True-Gods Yes.

Read "Titanicus" by Dan Abnett, that book makes scrapcode seem awesome! I would like:

Dark Mechanicus unit options that themselves give, or can allow you to purchase:

In regular 40K games: Scrapcode-based wargear, Scrapcode as vehicle options, Scrapcode/Daemon hybrid entities, Scrapcode/Daemon upgrades to other units.

In Apocalypse games: As above plus "Preliminary Bombardment" style scrapcode attacks before turn one with lingering or even escalating effects each turn.

I''m not sure if a sole Codex would be viable, but having an extensive section of Adeptus Mechanicus added to Space Marines and IG codex, along with a Dark mechanicus added to Chaos Marines, that would be great.

I'd do something similar to an Inquisitor and it's Retinue in the latest Grey Knights. Have a Magos, then give options for Servitors, Skitarii, etc...

C'mon GW, at least provide something for Apocalypse games!!!

Anyways, a Magos can be specialized and take something interesting to battle. Like maybe have access to some Xenos tech, or a special ordinatus/war machine.

I like the part I wrote about the Dark Mechanicus having scrap code that infects vehicles within a certain radius, but could also have daemonic servitors. I'm sure someone can think of other things.

C'mon GW, at least provide something for Apocalypse games!!!

Totally with you. Having Titans in Apocalypse would be awesome. ;)

But seriously, I agree that some Dark Mechanicum in our next codex would be very awesome. As far as their own codex, I think I remember an interview or article where it was flat out stated it wasn't going to happen, but couldn't tell you where I saw it. It does seem odd for as integral to the setting as they are that they aren't represented more.

I would like to see one daemon engine for each cult in the new chaos dex... Blight drones are pretty cool and fill a Landspeeder type role. Blood Slaughters are another smallish engine that would work... Maybe Tzeentch could have the big flyer... Firelord? (I don't remember the epic names anymore :wub:)... and that leaves us looking for one more unit for the Dark Prince.

I would like to see one daemon engine for each cult in the new chaos dex... Blight drones are pretty cool and fill a Landspeeder type role. Blood Slaughters are another smallish engine that would work... Maybe Tzeentch could have the big flyer... Firelord? (I don't remember the epic names anymore :yes:)... and that leaves us looking for one more unit for the Dark Prince.

Slaanesh had the Violator Subjugator walker. Was that sized closer to a Defiler or a Titan?

(Googled it before I posted. Violator sounds like a much better name for a Slaanesh war engine, though...)

EDIT: Went back to the page I googled the name and apparently it already has an Apocalypse datasheet. Lexicanum says it's got the armor of a Dreadnought. Maybe make a Lesser Subjugator somewhere in-between the super-heavy version and a dreadnought?

I would like to see one daemon engine for each cult in the new chaos dex... Blight drones are pretty cool and fill a Landspeeder type role. Blood Slaughters are another smallish engine that would work... Maybe Tzeentch could have the big flyer... Firelord? (I don't remember the epic names anymore :))... and that leaves us looking for one more unit for the Dark Prince.

Slaanesh had the Violator Subjugator walker. Was that sized closer to a Defiler or a Titan?

(Googled it before I posted. Violator sounds like a much better name for a Slaanesh war engine, though...)

EDIT: Went back to the page I googled the name and apparently it already has an Apocalypse datasheet. Lexicanum says it's got the armor of a Dreadnought. Maybe make a Lesser Subjugator somewhere in-between the super-heavy version and a dreadnought?

Oh I know the Dark Prince had units... had a few if I remember correctly... That being said I'm not sure which units (if any) fit into the supermodel (dreadknight/Trygon) or smaller category.

Archived