Question about Leaders as individual characters

D3athduo

If I have a chapter master attached to an honor guard (or a captain with a command squad), can I attach more units to that squad, such as a chaplain or librarian? Are there any squads I can't attach these units to? Thanks.

I think it was in 3rd or 4th edition you could build an HQ consisting of a Captain, libby, apoth, chaplain, banner bearer, tech marine and 4 others for a squad of 10...you can still get close to that, just have to decide on chappy vs libby.

I think it was in 3rd or 4th edition you could build an HQ consisting of a Captain, libby, apoth, chaplain, banner bearer, tech marine and 4 others for a squad of 10...you can still get close to that, just have to decide on chappy vs libby.

would have to have been 3rd, in 4th apoth and techmarines could be aprt of a comand squad, which could be a retinue for libby captain or chaplain, but liby captain ans chaplain were there own HQ selections.

but a chaplain or librarian could be bought and attached to a command squad without taking up an additional hq slot. So you could have 4 chaplains in a single foc...

In what codex is this?

but a chaplain or librarian could be bought and attached to a command squad without taking up an additional hq slot. So you could have 4 chaplains in a single foc...

In what codex is this?

Space marines 4th edition. It was legal to take a captain, command squad, librarian and chaplain as 1 unit taking 1 FOC slot. Now the ICs were stuck in the unit until the command squad was dead.

Its still legal to do in Black Templars, though clearly without the Librarian.

In what codex is this?

Space marines 4th edition. It was legal to take a captain, command squad, librarian and chaplain as 1 unit taking 1 FOC slot. Now the ICs were stuck in the unit until the command squad was dead.

Its still legal to do in Black Templars, though clearly without the Librarian.

Right, thanks JamesI - I had forgotten all about that.

Archived