Contemptor Loadout

Stonedog

Brothers-

I really want a Contemptor.....not because I "need" it....but because it is a gorgeous model!

I have 6 dreads at this point....the old metal Furioso (DC), the new Furioso, the Iron Clad (that can be used as either a Furioso or regular dread) and not less than 3 Black reach dreads with a LOT of weapon load out arms....

So I guess I really do not want another Furioso option....but by the Emperor I HAVE TO HAVE a Contemptor!

So, what arm options would you suggest????

Well, as you said, you don't really need it -so go for the looks! The Holy Heretic's idea is fine with the two Kheres assault cannons but personally I prefer the twin linked Heavy Bolters with the twin drum magazines - see below. The "furioso" is also a safe bet. Totally badass!!!

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/IMG_0396.jpg

Are you guys planning on using the standard Space Marine rules for the Contemptor?

My interest in it vanished when I picked up Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd ed and found the Blood Angels version couldn't have any of the fun loadouts.

As far as I can see the only things it can do that a standard dread can't is have the Kheres Assault cannon and to have a melta gun instead of the storm bolter.

I'm magnetizing mine so that I can use them both as furioso dreads in regular games, but in Apocalypse is when I'll use the conversion beamer and whatnot. It is sad that we BA players don't have access to all the cool relic bits, but the models are still gorgeous nonetheless.

My interest in it vanished when I picked up Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd ed and found the Blood Angels version couldn't have any of the fun loadouts.

Sure you read that right? IIRC, BA can use both contemptors, one normal for the interesting loadouts, and the other furioso contemptor for the talons.

Sure you read that right? IIRC, BA can use both contemptors, one normal for the interesting loadouts, and the other furioso contemptor for the talons.

He did. Contemptor is available as an elites choice for Codex Space Marines, Codex Dark Angels or Codex Black Templar.

Blood Angels Contemptor for Blood Angels, Space Wolves Contemptor for Space Wolves.

Space Marine Contemptor Mortis Pattern is a Heavy Support choice in a Codex Space Marines, Codex Dark Angels and Codex Black Templars Army.

And it's almost the same with the rest of the Space Marines stuff in IA Apocalypse 2nd ed. Thunderhawk transporter for all, Siege Dread for all but BA, Land Raider Achilles for all but BA, Caestus Assault Ram for all but BA, Lucious Patter Dread drop pod for all but BA.

Of course, grey knight get really bummed receiving no love at all.

• 2 months later...

Archived