Mod Clash part 3 at Adepticon

JamesI

How many points for the Chapter Master clash?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So last year Seahawk and I played 2 games at Adepticon. Seahawk did a pretty good report on them here.

So this year, we are playing the Clash of Heroes mission out of Battle Missions, Dante versus Calgar!

We're asking the Blood Angels and Ultramarines forums to vote on how many points the game should be played at. The two polls will be added together to get a total, so please don't vote in the Ultramarines poll if you vote in this one!

Since the FOC chart is rather odd (4 elites, 1 Fast, 1 heavy) I don't want to go too high in points (which is why we capped the poll at 3k), and also the mission does not allow reserves, so no DoA upon the Ultramarines!

Combining the Polls 2500 has a small lead so far.

ps. No DoA is a nerf on Bloods. :P

Between no DoA, and only 1 fast/heavy slot each making mech hard as I can only take 1 pred and 1 Baal pred, that's tough. Its going to be hard to decide what to field.

Dodgy FOC chart! Sure we have lots of elites, but some of our best stuff is in FA. What about lots of jump troops (though no DoA also sucks!) with a large DC? Go big points and get 30 nutters with jump packs, add Lemartes. Lead it with Dante using Hit and Run and have fun!! Odd FOC = Odd Tactics :lol:

Hence I vote 3000 for fun.

You guys have some good ideas for potential lists, of course, I don't ahve the figures for them.

At 3000 I had the idea of taking a 6 or so Land Raider list, but of course I own 2 Land Raiders and neither are put together yet so that seems unlikely to happen.

Just as an aside, with 4 elites, you can take 4 librarian dreads with Unleash Rage and Might.

Because nothing likes getting hit with 3+D3 S10 rerolling power weapon attacks.

Can't cast both powers in the same turn, though :/

Yeah that's right.

I take Wings of Sanguinius and Might of Heroes when using Librarian Dreadnoughts.

Flying Dread with (a possible) 6 s10 FORCE weapon attacks on the charge? Yes please!

Have one with shield for mobile 5+ cover save.

Dreads also gain the Furious Charge from Sanguinary Priest don't they?

Archived