Mod Clash part 3 at Adepticon

JamesI

How many points for the Chapter Master clash?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just as an aside, with 4 elites, you can take 4 librarian dreads with Unleash Rage and Might.

Because nothing likes getting hit with 3+D3 S10 rerolling power weapon attacks.

Can't cast both powers in the same turn, though :/

Yeah that's right.

I take Wings of Sanguinius and Might of Heroes when using Librarian Dreadnoughts.

Flying Dread with (a possible) 6 s10 FORCE weapon attacks on the charge? Yes please!

Have one with shield for mobile 5+ cover save.

Dreads also gain the Furious Charge from Sanguinary Priest don't they?

As a reminder, that should be 6 s6 force weapon attacks or 6 strength 10 attacks. The forceweapon is not a Dreadnought CCW, so it fights at strength 6 (just like Blood Talons).

Yes, dreads get furious charge from priests.

Or with 4 Blood Lances

"Evil is good because good is dumb" Darth Helmet

im going to troll a little here....

Dark Helmet: "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

spaceball quotes

depending on points, hit him with assault terminators with dedicated transports, watch them chew up your enemies and spit out the bones.

Flying Dread with (a possible) 6 s10 FORCE weapon attacks on the charge? Yes please!

isn't it 7 attacks? 2 base +1 for two CC weapons +1 for charge and up to +3 for MoH?

cheers!

Dreadnoughts only get the +1 attack if their CCW's are twins, like Blood Talons or Blood Fists.

Otherwise it's choose which weapon you want, in this case either Blood Fist or Force weapon.

So it's 2 base, +1 on the charge +1d6 attacks with either the force weapon (which, thanks to James correcting me is actually s6) or the Blood Fist which is s10.

I'm pretty sure that's correct, if someone could please clarify.

isn't it 7 attacks? 2 base +1 for two CC weapons +1 for charge and up to +3 for MoH?

cheers!

Dreadnoughts only get the +1 attack if their CCW's are twins, like Blood Talons or Blood Fists.

Otherwise it's choose which weapon you want, in this case either Blood Fist or Force weapon.

So it's 2 base, +1 on the charge +1d6 attacks with either the force weapon (which, thanks to James correcting me is actually s6) or the Blood Fist which is s10.

I'm pretty sure that's correct, if someone could please clarify.

The Blood Fist rules specifically state they still get the +1 attack paired with the force weapon. A furioso/DC dread always gets the +1 attack for 2 weapons unless one/both is/are destroyed or you replaced one with a frag cannon.

That's the last time I say anything before checking the books, I swear. It was right in front of me too!

Yup, I was afraid that maybe GW errated this somehow, and I didn't notice. I enjoy using Furioso Libbys more and more, I'm even considering droping my DC in LR in my standard list to see how it fares. Will see.

cheers!

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for voting.

The polls are now closed and 2000 points is the winner. Time to start figuring out the remaining 1775 points of my list (kind of hard to do a Chapter Master battle without Dante)

I will post an army list thread to discuss my ideas, but not probably a full list to avoid sneaky Ultramarine spies...

• 1 month later...

So, I showed up at the battle (sadly forgetting my camera) without a written list. I made a list quickly, throwing Dante, a Sanguinary Guard and a DC Dread into a Storm Raven (mainly to avoid Calgar's orbital bombardment).

The Raven rushed forward, killing his Thunderfire cannon.

The Raven was killed, when I disembarked, I set Dante and the Squad behind the DC dread. The DC dread got charged by 3 terminators, Calgar and Calgar's Honor Guard. The DC dread managed to kill everyone except Calgar and an attached Chaplain, knocking Calgar to one wound.

So, Dante assaulted Calgar, managing to pry off the last wound before Calgar could swing his powerfists of doom at me (I think Seahawk only failed one of his Invul saves on Calgar, I caused 3 wounds but he passed 2 saves).

I wish I had taken some pictures, but forgot my camera.

Just as an aside, with 4 elites, you can take 4 librarian dreads with Unleash Rage and Might.

Because nothing likes getting hit with 3+D3 S10 rerolling power weapon attacks.

Can't cast both powers in the same turn, though :/

Yeah that's right.

I take Wings of Sanguinius and Might of Heroes when using Librarian Dreadnoughts.

Have one with shield for mobile 5+ cover save.

Dreads also gain the Furious Charge from Sanguinary Priest don't they?

You also cannot use wings and MoH in the same turn. :cuss

So, I showed up at the battle (sadly forgetting my camera) without a written list. I made a list quickly, throwing Dante, a Sanguinary Guard and a DC Dread into a Storm Raven (mainly to avoid Calgar's orbital bombardment).

The Raven rushed forward, killing his Thunderfire cannon.

The Raven was killed, when I disembarked, I set Dante and the Squad behind the DC dread. The DC dread got charged by 3 terminators, Calgar and Calgar's Honor Guard. The DC dread managed to kill everyone except Calgar and an attached Chaplain, knocking Calgar to one wound.

So, Dante assaulted Calgar, managing to pry off the last wound before Calgar could swing his powerfists of doom at me (I think Seahawk only failed one of his Invul saves on Calgar, I caused 3 wounds but he passed 2 saves).

I wish I had taken some pictures, but forgot my camera.

golly!!!!!!!!!!well done son! thatll teach that calgr whipper-snapper, obviously forgot the lesson from Armageddon!

Im going to have to sig this when ive cleared some space;

[

The DC dread got charged by 3 terminators, Calgar and Calgar's Honor Guard. The DC dread managed to kill everyone except Calgar and an attached Chaplain, knocking Calgar to one wound.

Go BA and TeamDeathCo!!!

Also my wife shouted in joy "Come on you reds!!!!"

p.s did any civilians get photos?

Archived