Art-Scale Marine

magnefjord

very nice indeed, the only thing i can see would need attention is the smoothness, im more familiar with milliput than greenstuff so correct me if im wrong but could you use fine grade wet n dry sandpaper on greenstuff? if so that would be the way to go, if not then there's always water smoothing when the greenstuffs still not cured. overall i'd say reach around and give yourself a large clap on the back from me , nicely done.

Have to say brother that's not bad at all. Really nice work there.

If I could offer some advice, I agree with Cassar the greenstuff work could be smoother.

What I have found is after about 15-20 minutes if u get some vasaline and a clayshaping tool go over the greenstuff. It can work wonder's giving the model a nice finish and as you have left the greenstuff for 15-20 minutes it should hopefully be hard enough so it doesn't lose its shape.

I only mean to be helpfull with my meagre greenstuff experience if any one knows better please correct me.

Genuinely nice work brother, I would like to see more. :P

very nice indeed, the only thing i can see would need attention is the smoothness, im more familiar with milliput than greenstuff so correct me if im wrong but could you use fine grade wet n dry sandpaper on greenstuff? if so that would be the way to go, if not then there's always water smoothing when the greenstuffs still not cured. overall i'd say reach around and give yourself a large clap on the back from me , nicely done.

Thanks for the advice, I will try to get it smoother the next time.

I would recommend a silicone clay shaper. It makes green stuff sculpting muuuuuch easier. A little water, a little vaseline, and you get things much smoother.

I did use clay shapers and water and it was much easier to sculpt with than the sculpting tool from GW that I used on the last one.

Niiccceee!!!

One thing I noticed is that on the left leg there appears to be 2 yellow lumps. When you mix your greenstuff, do you cut out and discard the small amount of blue and yellow that are touching in the middle? Basically this bit is cured and will never mix properly.

Cheers,

Jono

Niiccceee!!!

One thing I noticed is that on the left leg there appears to be 2 yellow lumps. When you mix your greenstuff, do you cut out and discard the small amount of blue and yellow that are touching in the middle? Basically this bit is cured and will never mix properly.

Cheers,

Jono

I did cut out the cured bit in the middle but somehow there were still some lumps in it. Could it be because the green stuff is too old? I have had it for almost tree years.

Archived