The Rise of the Sanguine Templars. Astartes Madness.

calgar101

So you ever wondered what it was like to own an entire Chapter? Well I did. Inspired by the inside picture of the 3rd edition Space Marine codex and the White Dwarf article featuring the Blood Angels chapter in its 3rd edition entirety (including a Thunderhawk!) by a chap called Artur. I said to myself "One day I'll have my own chapter...".

I was 9 at the time so a long road lay ahead of me, for many years I used the same Space Marine army, now and then a new unit or vehicle was added and badly painted. By 5th edition I had amassed around 5000 points, depending how wargear heavy I went. That Games Day I bought the AOBR set, a drop pod and a Codex, a new era was about to begin. That night I read the new book cover to cover and had come to the conclusion that my army was not worthy, the models were old and badly painted. I sorted out those ones that could be saved and over the next year I built up a new army of around 3000 points. I left school at 16 having obtained 9 GCSE's, me and school having a love hate relationship; it loved me, I hated it. Then I entered the world of work and disposable income!

Too keep it a bit brief over the last 2 years or so I sort of went on a mad spending spree(one order I placed included 40 battleforces among other items!) and now my dream is fulfilled. Sort of.

All that remains is to build and paint my Space Marine army. This WIP is to serve a dual purpose of showing my madness to the community and sharing my dream with you all. Secondly it is to keep me motivated and inspired. I did have a WIP before but it failed as I began to feel bogged down and lost interest. However recent events in my life - all quite bad which was unfortunate- led me to immerse myself in 40k again and that spark was re-ignited. In a little over a moths time I'll be involved in an apocalypse game, I'll be using 14k points and It would be nice to have as much of it painted as I can get.

Right so a brief summary. I have around 1500 marines and 100 vehicles plus some Super Heavies. Over time you will see it all be built and painted.

Pictures of what I have so far and what is yet to be built will come in the next few days.

I'm off to paint a battle company!

For the Emperor.

P.S just to show you a slice of my insanity

gallery_24130_6896_522305.jpg

I still have that issue of white dwarf in my room floating about under all the piles sprues i got laying round. That is a monumental challage and my my hats off to you for attempting it. Far braver that me! And if you need some spare room from all those boxes (to lets say breathe) ill be happy to take some off your hands :)

That is by my reckoning about 2 and a half thousand pounds of space marines, give or take... and that's going by waylandgames prices, not GW!

You're gonna need a hell of an airbrush and some mega patience to get through that lot!

(oh, and you'll have 200 scouts!)

Thank you every one for your comments! There is indeed a lot of models there, however that isn't everything.... In that picture there are 40 battleforces, 9 command squads, 22 razorbacks, 4 vindicators and a shadowsword. All this alongside the other unopened boxes of what I have (Sanguinary guard, Sternguard, Vanguard, Death Company, Land Raiders and Dreadnoughts) is all in the attic. It is one hell of an investment. Once I am done it will be near the 2000 marine mark, that is without me buying anything else!

Pictures of the battle company I am working on will be uploaded tomorrow.

I do have a mental health disorder sooo? ;) My goal is to have it all built by the end of the year really... One day my army will feature in White Dwarf. Muwahaha.

Encouragement, comments and constructive criticism will be welcomed brothers!

Indeed DAT, in my big wall of text I did state why the other one failed and why I've created a new one. Better luck second time around and all that ^_^

No this isn't madness, this is Astartes! Sorry couldn't resist...

Archived