The Rise of the Sanguine Templars. Astartes Madness.

calgar101

Wow, so... this is real dedication to the hobby. I like your moxy, kid; it's crazy moxy, but moxy all the same! Good luck, and the Blood Angels are proud to have someone as Raging Thirsty for glory as you sharing their gene seed.

I hope you fulfill your goal of getting into White Dwarf.. if you get all that done, I'm sure you will!

Oh Yes!!! You're on The Blood Angel side!

Alright, you have my utmost respect to your dedication. I don't know how much that cost, but that's what i'd do if I won the lottory too :)

I will certainly be watching this thread for many years to come! Good luck, but don't forget to have a life as well...Being cooped up for that long isn't always good for us crazies :P

Insanity! :)

It will be truly outstanding once it's done and I wish you the very best of luck.

You're not going to use an airbrush? You paid for not only a few thousand marines but also a slave army of painters? I only hope their dungeon is well-lit!

It is a very good jump my paint scheme is very simple then, an air brush wouldn't work in this case :P

I don't really have words to express the magnitude of taking on this project. I like the back story and I like that this has been your vice, your 'healthy' drug to get you through rough times, complete escapism. Exaggeration not this could become unhealthy. Keep good balance.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE LISTEN TO THE FORUM AND BUY A FRIKKEN AIRBRUSH!!

Do not profess to have some secret technique or so... if you do not see it now you will see it in the future when you have £3000 of models with shoddy paintwork. Airbrushing is the way forward with these. Invest ina good one. No negotiation here. You cannot keep up a decent painting consistency by hand for that many models.

As is the scale of your purchase I feel only compelled to say so.

But... in the words of a famous Frater "There your models do what you like with them".

Rant over.

Wow thats a lot of minis there!

Its sad to say but its true, you just wont be able to acomplish that task without a serious amount of planing!

I myself have two painted armys of about 2000 Points and two armys about 1500 points where comission painted. All that in the last three years.

Thats 5000 points in three years or 1666 points per year. The modelcount may have been 500 +- 50 i think. Thats 0.45 minis a day.

So a planing help: (If you have a regular life with work and sleep :) )You will be painting and building your chapter for about 6 (+-2) years!! Be sure of that!!

1. Buy an airbrush!

2. Reduce the modelcount to about Chaptersize (that would be 1000 - 1050 minis) sell the rest.

3. Batchbuild and Batchpaint about ?30? minis (try what you can manage to much and you will just stop).

4. Hell buy an airbrush!!

5. Keep you patience.

Thats an hell of a task and i am quite sure you wont be able to manage it! But you are insane and maybe that helps. Good luck!

cya

with a bit of dedication, a simple one colour scheme and a decent airbrush you could easily get a company a month painted. Hell Army Painter wouldn't be too bad an idea in this case, it's simple enough to do and you can fire out hundreds of minis in a week.

Holy mountain of plastic, Batman!

I could never do that. I think I'd finish a squad, in about two weeks. Then, I'd turn around and see all this boxes. I think I'd just flip over my desk and go live in the forest.

Right, this will be a general reply since too many of you to reply to individually! There is one hell of a lot of plastic involved and will be a lot of spares and left over sprues! My plan for now is to build/paint what I'm using in an Apocalypse game in Feb, most of it is built (just some Vindicators to build)but it then needs painting.

My colour scheme is nice and simple, especially using army painter sprays. Platemail silver, the inlay of the shoulder pad will is mechrite red whilst the trim is chaos black. I am unsure what wash to use then. I like the idea that the Sanguine Exemplar's are from a feudal world with knightly orders. An airbrush would not work for this scheme I'd say.

None of this army will be sold, the phrase "Over my dead body" is very appropriate here, I did not spend all that money just to sell some of it. Also 85% of this was not bought from Games Workshop, although some of the more expensive elements of it were. I'm not anti Games Workshop but it would've taken me longer (perhaps that would have been better with hindsight) to do this.

The goal is to hopefully have my very own WD article and use this in one hell of an Apocalypse game.

Was going to spray the rest of the battle company today along with its transports but the weather had other idea's, all those mould lines removed for nothing. Work and hockey training will take the bulk of my time up tonight but I do intend to get a Vindicator or two built tonight and hopefully some pictures of them up here.

Thanks every one.

Ave Imperator!

I agree that while an airbrush won't really help with the metallic parts of the scheme, they are extremely good at applying washes evenly to large areas... would make the 'base colour' almost impossibly fast to paint:

Army painter platemail (LOL, this is going to cost you a fortune!) with shoulerpads seperate and sprayed black.

airbrush on a load of badab black to get the shading going,

paint the shoulder pad rims and misc details (eyes etc),

stick on shoulder pads,

profit!

First thing i said to my self was "f*** that's one hell of a pile"

second thought was: "if that was pile i would crumble and proberbly end up quiting the hobbie" ....

so my hat comes off to you fella and i wish you all the best with this monumental task you have set your self, i thought i had alot left to paint but you have taken the biscuit.

WOW lol

Rob

I think I would miss the LPC deadline by a bit ;)

On a few occasions I have nearly crumbled but I've always found the resolve to carry on, this WIP is to be my motivation.

The position of having so much is both a curse and blessing, it doesn't help when I open a box and don't finish it before opening another...

Tonight I've managed to build and spray 2 vindicators and I've sprayed four tactical squads. Sorry if the pictures are not the best of quality, it is night time, using my phone and not got a decent area set up for photo's.

gallery_24130_6896_108822.jpg

gallery_24130_6896_389670.jpg

gallery_24130_6896_154621.jpg

The goal for this week is to have everything sprayed silver really, well everything that I am using in the Apocalypse in Feb. That is Marneus Calgar and some Honourguard (need to find a way to un-Ultrafy them), 50 Terminators, a drop pod, 10 Dreadnoughts, a Battle company and its transport, Land Raider Redeemer, 5 Vindicators, 2 thunderfire cannons, 2 Baal Predators, Astorath the Grim, 20 Death company, Lemartes, Dante and an Honour Guard, 20 Sanguinary Guard (I do not want them gold, maybe red?) and then 3 Baneblades and a Warhound. Going to be a busy few weeks.

Enjoy.

Archived