The Rise of the Sanguine Templars. Astartes Madness.

calgar101

Superb...Crazy....Wish I Cou....That's a....That can't be real....who wou...who coul...why.....why not....I want that....Nooo.....Yessss.......I can't.......I woul....

I sat and looked at this thread, closed it, opened it then refreshed several times cause I thought there was something strange with the picture....

Looking forward to seeing...I still don't have the right words to describe what I saw...become your chapter

Hehe talk about a kindred spirit! Life if no fun if you are still sane.

When we both have finished chapters, there needs to be co-op. Or a chapter wide training mission.

Or how about a dual center-fold in a white dwarf.

I will deff keep an eye on the thread here, to see as it progresses, and to get motivation.

Keep the faith, and most importantly, keep the momentum!!

Great job brother, for the emperor!

Nope I mean Sanguine Templars although I may change their name to Knights Sanguine... Zarmon if I won the lottery well a Legion would definitely be done! Again nothing to report, not been too motivated which kind of sucks...

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Brother Calgar101 - we are not only brothers in arms but also in our insanity. I do not own an entire chapter - yet - but a full company of my own chapter, the Imperial Templars, and some plus. I started this project in 2009 - after a more than 20 years break from 40K und still I have also some unopened boxes around , but they are becoming fewer and fewer.

And still it's a lot of (painting) work to do. Do not let you get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of men and wargear you will have to paint.

Just take out some of them time by time. Say 10 Marines and their Rhino, or 5 and their Lazorback,... think you got the picture....

And also keep the old wargamers saying in mind - you cannot leave this planet until all the minis you have are painted....Thumbs up for your project and don't get demotivated.

I don't know what your smokin, but I want some

anyhow, on a serious note: you, sir, make me wish I had the balls to do something quite this crazy (applause)

and good luck (to be honest I don't know how you will retain the motivation to complete this, but it'll sure as hell be fun seeing you try)

I just showed that first picture to my girlfriend....who immediately punched me in the ribs (which are already broken) while saying "don't even think about it!"

Good luck with the task ahead, and with sitting down, cos that takes some serious sized plums to take on that lot.

Archived