New Need Help Blood Angels

masofdas

Hi Guys & Gals

I'm new from somerset, i used to keep & collect warhammer 40k years ago, mainly blood angels had a great army, but never battled them and of course ending up getting rid. Anyway iv just changed jobs and now pass a few days a week insane games in bridgewater, who have a great selction of WH and a games room with touranments etc at the weekends. including one this weekend of 1500 point armys. I would like to go this weekend to see the action and meet a few at the club but its my 22nd birthday at the weekend. So got other things on, currently i have no army and by the time i get to 1500 there all be on 3000 lol, i have spoke to the guy (mike i think) who runs it and he tells me they sometimes play something killsquad (i think thats what he called it) of 250, sometime 500, 750, 1000, 1500 and then bring what ever you got sought of thing but mainly around 1000-1500 they play in touranments and maybe a league. Anyway they do have a some used and i could make a decent chaos marine army, buy want blood angels again, you might say its cheating but i want to get to action asap, so looking at used sets on ebay. What one would be the best option

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120848432481? ... 1436.l2649 close to what i had

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200703369335? ... 1436.l2649 can pick up, not that well painted, and i see tigrus is there and he would be no good to me, i can use the rest as blood angels correct

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330673768780? ... 1436.l2649 looks, good but is HQ heavy as i asked him if i could use it with his other auction of http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DARK-ANGEL-SP ... 4cfdb139e8 he did try to explain how i would use the two together but didnt really understand how

or the other option is theres a bloke in devon who would bulid me a new army of chaplain, battle force, 5 extra assault marines, a box of bikes and an attack bike plus a must have baal predator that will cost you. £160 plus painting costs or £145 no bikes but jump veteran squad instead

So all help would be great, or anyone no of any stuff for sell would be great.

There is one other option, my cousion also has blood angels from years ago in the loft and i hear its a good army, so im trying to see if i can borro his (i no he'll never sell it)

Even thou the links to the ebay sites are not working for me ( I'm at work and fun things like Ebay are blocked). Keep in mind the Blood Angels are very codex friendly i.e they have interchangable unit types that match with Standard SM codex ( Except for Baal Preds, Storm Raven, Furioso/ DC dreads etc.etc.) . So the one link to the army for sale with Tigurius, you can use him as a BA libriarian, and the others use as tacicals, or assault marines. As a newer player you want to start with common units to get the feel of them before venturing into units like DC. hope this helps

thanks deathknight2000, i just rember having dark angels, but like said never played. But all the people ive so far met at the club i think would help me with what ever buy to make a decent army. But if you can look when your not working would be great, as i gather you can only see what i wrote as theres not much differnce (i think) between them all if you dont count the dark angels.

currently i have no army and by the time i get to 1500 there all be on 3000 lol,

Wouldnt worry about this bit - games of around 1,500-2,000pts are nice and easy to fit 2-3 into an afternooon or day, but 3,000pts and upwards simply take too long to do more than 1-2. Most of the time you'll find plenty of people wanting to play in the 1,500-2,000 point bracket for that reason.

Of that lot - I'd probably be most tempted by the 3rd one. I know there are a lot of characters there but you can use them all together, and the drop-pods do complement the assault marines quite well, especially if you add Dante and Astorath into the mix...

After that, I'd suggest the set with Tiguruis in - you can play him as a normal BA librarian if you want, the army has mobile heavy weapons (the Speeder and Attack bike) as well as your minimum troops choices (if not much more than that)

best place to find out what is the rage today with army builds is this. On that site is some of the most SPAM worthy army builds. But in that site it teaches you to think tactically by fielding troops to optimally "take out" your enemy. Also on BA army list on B&C is a great way to find out what to aim towards in you army bulids. Like you've done is the research on Ebay to find pre-made army, but once you have these mini's you need to find out what uses they have.. I've been in this hobby for 14 years I've collected alot, and have sold none. My advise for you coming back into the hobby is to learn alot and be patient for the upcoming new edition. There might be alot of change going on that will switch what unit benefit from this change.

I like the look of that Red Ultramarine Army. Very BA. I bought all my starting army off ebay, mostly painted, when people were replacing metal with plastic. Then there was about a page of BA. These days there are more than five times as many being sold as people who jumped on the new codex bandwagon get bored and play Grey Knights of Necrons or (like me) shift older models to make room for the new ones. The DC set and the SH miniatures left the old guys looking a bit plain. If you set your £160 budget and you aren't too hung up on quality you could use any of these three as a base and augment it with other figures.

Personally, if I was doing small points games quickly, I would have fun with a DOA (all jump-pack) force which will play very differently from most of your opponents.

Archived