Dreadnoughts?

ThegrayBush13

Heyy everyone I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times before but ever since I started my BA army I always wanted to try a full dread army. Just throwing them all in drops pods and let them fall. What do you guys think? Could it work on a competitive level or is it simply just a "for fun" list?

Thanks guys.

For the Emperor! For Sanguinius!

Heyy everyone I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times before but ever since I started my BA army I always wanted to try a full dread army. Just throwing them all in drops pods and let them fall. What do you guys think? Could it work on a competitive level or is it simply just a "for fun" list?

Thanks guys.

For the Emperor! For Sanguinius!

I wouldn't say that it would work on a competitive level, too random and easy to counter for some lists. But you could win games against a lot of competitive lists, at least if you take librarian dreads for your Elites and combine dread spam with "fear" spam.

EDIT:

HQ (100)

Librarian (shield, fear)

Elites (595)

Furioso Librarian (lance, fear, pod)

Furioso Librarian (lance, fear, pod)

Furioso (Frag cannon, melta, grapple, pod)

Troops (635)

Death company*10 (rhino, PF)

DC Dreadnought (talons)

DC Dreadnought (talons)

Assault squad (melta, pod)

Heavy Support (420)

Dreadnought (MM, pod)

Dreadnought (MM, pod)

Dreadnought (MM, pod)

1750 pts

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. It could use some tweaks but this isn't the list discussion forum and I think you get the theme. You want to open up transports, and you want to run units off the board before they can melta you.

Archived