Hail the Warmaster!

Thanks Nat.

The legs are no where near finished and I've only just built the basic structure.

Glad you like Russ :lol:

Good post!

As has been said many times the legs are too thin, even now after the Big Bird start he is still lookong like an Urban-Mech!

I would suggest looking at a retailer/site with better 28mm proportions.

Hail to Russ brother of Ferrus!

i think that horus looks like he is about the right proportions, but his terminator armor is so hefty, it's like he's got a barn strapped to his shoulders. but he looks much better with some of it molded into shape, a little less like he's wearing a barrel. i kind of like the massive size of his torso armor compared to his arms and legs, it reminds me of some 40k art work that i liked as well.

Now we're talking =) Looking better. However, I think you should have a look at his anatomy. His upper legs (dunno the word in english) are kinda thin and placed too far apart. Even with the armour there should not be such a large gap between the legs. Especially not with the armour. I take it you're gonna bulk them out, but yeah. Right now the proportions of body-legs are kinda off, and the size of the legs is also an issue, IMO.

That said - I think you're going great with the overall structure. He's gonna look great when done!

- Nat

Looks better, but tbh I think that is mostly because of how you have covered the groin-area. I hope you dont think I am just beeing a turd, but I think you're doing such a good job that I wanna help with what I can...

Anyway; if you look at it, I think the legs are a bit too long compared to the body. If you measue (counting on the fact that his proportions are normal) he would probably have his feet somewere halfway down the lower legs. Might not be that big of an issue. I made some measuring on my TS-guys and some other models, and if you make the loin cloth a bit larger around the groin, he'll look good, since it will be hard to see were the legs meet the body.

BUT! Great work so far! Much better then my pathetic attempts at doing Russ :)

- Nat

Looks better, but tbh I think that is mostly because of how you have covered the groin-area. I hope you dont think I am just beeing a turd, but I think you're doing such a good job that I wanna help with what I can...

Anyway; if you look at it, I think the legs are a bit too long compared to the body. If you measue (counting on the fact that his proportions are normal) he would probably have his feet somewere halfway down the lower legs. Might not be that big of an issue. I made some measuring on my TS-guys and some other models, and if you make the loin cloth a bit larger around the groin, he'll look good, since it will be hard to see were the legs meet the body.

BUT! Great work so far! Much better then my pathetic attempts at doing Russ :(

- Nat

I got to agree with this. It looks great, but if you look at the distance between the top of his knee and his belt... It's the same (if not further) than from the belt to the top of his head.... Not quite on the money if you look at real life anatomy.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been finding it hard to find time to work on this guy but here is latest progress - still very much work in progress.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/IMAG0250.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/IMAG0249.jpg

Wow... I dont get how you make it work with all that plasticard. I got some and tried to use it, but I can't seem to get such nice shapes as you do for anything. Well, good job anyway!

- Nat

Archived