Here goes nothing!

Terran

Hello fellow Astartes fans.

Firstly I hope I have posted this in the correct forum! I'm a novice!

I'm very new to all this (modeling, painting and this forum) I got hooked on the Space Marines by reading the Horus Heresy series of books and thought I would take the next step by collecting and painting a Space Marine army.

I have bought the Space Marine Codex and flicked through it but none of the Space Marine chapters jumped out at me and I didn't quite connect with any of them! Ultramarines seem to straight laced for me, like the prefects when I was at school! The Salamanders, just don't like the name! The White Scars seem like a futuristic Harley Davidson gang!

I have seen that some people on here are creating their own chapters, as in the codex it does say they're around a 1000 chapters currently serving. So I thought I would give this a go, as I would surely be able to conect to an army created by myself!

Out of the first founding chapters I seemed to prefer the Imperial Fists for their stubborness, this reminds me of my Mrs.... I mean myself, but I can't take anyone dressed in Yellow seriously, so this put me off them. I have got to do a lot of fluff for my army but for starters they will be from the Imperial Fist gene seed, resolute, stubborn and not knowing when they are beaten again reminds me of my Mrs..... Damit not again.. I mean reminds me of me!

Below is the colour scheme I will be looking at!

sm.php?b62c=@hzmB5_hyOv1.iakk7@@@@@@@hXbsb.hCmX3@_i8TzJi8TzJ___@@@@@@@@.@.@@@@@@@@@@@hCmX3hCmX3@__@@@__.@@@@hCmX3.&

For squad sergeants they will have a white helmet

sm.php?b62c=@hzmB5_iakk7.hyOv1@@@@___hXbsb_hCmX3@.i8TzJi8TzJ...@@@@@@@@_@_@@@@@@@@@@@hCmX3hCmX3@..___.._@@@@hCmX3_&

I will add more fluff and pics as I get round to it, but any info, help, assistance, constructive critisism etc. is all welcome.

Hopefully I'll have something to show you soon.

Terran

looks very sons of medusa XD

Just seen some models from the sons of medusa topic below mine and see what you mean!! :blink: Think I might have to have a bit of a rethink with colour scheme. The main thinkng behind my army is that they come from a world which is a vast Forest (can't do Jungle as that is to catachan!) so wanted them to be green to reflect the surroundings of the planet.

I might use a mixture of greens instead of the white. Thanks for the heads up, but the Sons of Medusa do look pretty awesome!! But I'm like Indiana Jones... I don't like snakes!!!

There's a lot of obscure chapters out there (Rainbow Marines, for one)! I'd suggest that you take to the wiki, and do a bit more research. :blink: Worst case scenario, you walk away with an even more staunch desire to make your own chapter!

try a split colour scheme black/green half and half would look ace. also dont think just because it looks like some one else's models that you cant do it too. 1000 chapters well there are only like 7 colours so there are alot of shades and variations around look at the blood angels and their successors thats a whole lotta red marines XD.

maybe try using a less common shade of green ( i am totally not trying to stealthy bring back goblin green with vengeance:D )

It's be very easy to modify that colour scheme so it's more unique. Maybe a different colour for the face plate or a yellow streak over the top of the helmet like Deathstrike marines or Rainbow Warriors?

Archived