Need Ideas!

Montuhotep

Okay, this is going to be part of an idea I have for a buddy of mine; he's currently in the middle of an Afghanistan tour, comes back in June/July and he's putting together a World Eaters force with a couple of Land Raiders in it.

I plan to make him another one as a welcome back pressie.

Now, there used to be an upgrade in a previous Chaos 'dex for a Khornate vehicle upgrade known as the Destroyer; people used to bolt one on Dreads but I'm thinking one on the front of this 'Raider would look as mean as all get-out. ;)

It was generally described as a wicked collection of drills, saw blades and other whirly/cutty things. Dreads used to use Fabius Bile's Chirugeon arms, for example.

Snag is that I don't really want to foul the assault ramp but a pair of big rock grinders a la this beastiegallery_34078_2164_4476.jpg from Tiberian Sun excite my appetite for all things spiky - especially since the bulk of the vehicle will be a stripped down no-nonsense FW Pre-heresy kit.

Anyone got any other ideas? If not, what can I use for this roller? Ork Deff-rollas seem way too big.

Hail there my friend.

You dont have to worry about the rollers blocking the assault ramp if you are using a FW pre heresy raider, as it dosent have an assault ramp on the front like a normal land raider does.

I say go for the rollers. It could be tedious but if it were me, i'd chop loads of basic hook shapes from styrene strip then glue them around a styrene tube ( similar to the pattern on the image you supplied) to create a horrific mangling device. Could take a while but would look pretty darn knarly if you ask me.

You dont have to worry about the rollers blocking the assault ramp if you are using a FW pre heresy raider, as it dosent have an assault ramp on the front like a normal land raider does.

Sorry, not quite clear; this is the Mk 2b, so it does have a ramp, hence the snag....

Talking about this?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/dkkdrill.jpg

Hades Breaching Drill

You could use one of those or make one yourself and use the kind of systeme Bobpanda used for the dozerblades on his Crusader LR

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/BobPanda/lordraider/DSCN3181.jpg?t=1235173227

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/BobPanda/lordraider/DSCN3197.jpg?t=1235172945

Ah sorry, I didnt realise you meant the mk 2B, i thought you meant the proteus so i can see the issue now.

I think slayer le boucher has hit the nail on the head there, that lifting doser blade idea is very nicely done and i think you could adapt it quite easily to have a pair of rollers on it. (provided you want to of course).

Nice stuff

Archived