Sgt. Namaan count as?

Vazzy

Basically, what the title says. Would Telipns rules and model make an acceptable Namaan. In Purging(which in my opinion was good) he seemed kinda like Telion. What do my fellow Unforgiven think?

Basically Tellion is a bit of a must fit, as he's the only available current vet sarge scout. I seem to remember Namaan beeing more cc orientated though, but I am getting old ;) .

Was indeed.He had two silenced bolt pistols if i remember it right and any attached squads were not alerting the guards in kill team missions i think.

Odd if you consider the guy died a sniper.

I thought he slapped a melta-bomb on it and was killed in the explosion, but I've lent my copy of Storm of Vengeance to a friend to I can't check it now.

I thought he slapped a melta-bomb on it and was killed in the explosion, but I've lent my copy of Storm of Vengeance to a friend to I can't check it now.

This is correct, reading Purging of Kadillus, that's what happens.

Was indeed.He had two silenced bolt pistols if i remember it right and any attached squads were not alerting the guards in kill team missions i think.

Odd if you consider the guy died a sniper.

Uh, no.

Naaman has always had only a single master-crafted bolt pistol and a (master-crafted (only in his 3E rules)) chainsword. In 2E he was noted as having a silencer and a silentium, but in 3E the Silent Death rule simply noted that Naaman and his squad had silenced pistols. Plus, each iteration of his rules has had the Brush Aside Blow special rule (he may ignore the first hit he suffered in any round of close combat), in fact all his rules gave him a distinct advantage at close range and in close combat.

Also, he died in the resulting explosion from slapping a meltabomb onto Ork Dred that was in the process of trying to kill him anyway (while not described in detail in the Storm of Vengeance pack ("killed by an exploding Ork Dreadnought" sic), there is a detailed account of his death in the Space Marine Battles book by Gav Thorpe, The Purging of Kadillus).

Edit - Apologies if that read a bit like a lecture/telling off, that wasn't the intention.

Archived