Blood Angel Bike Squad

Myrrodin

maybe if you put them in reserve at the start, they could be of help. If you put them on the table from the start, they are one of the few things on the board, meaning every gun will be aimed at them. But if they would come a bit later, they can support with their speed where you want them.

I personally think bike squads make excellent heavy support units for DoA armies.

I run a 2000 point DoA list, with 6 multi-melta attack bikes for support. At 50 points they're very affordable for a 2 wound model that can reliably penetrate armor at 24" and almost always penetrate any armor at 12". Not to mention sometimes the twin-linked bolters have their uses as well. To make it even better they can easily keep up with, and if need be, even outpace the jumpers movement wise.

Also, keep in mind, just because everyone calls a mostly jump pack equipped army "DoA" that doesn't mean you ALWAYS have to deploy via deepstrike. There are many situations where it more beneficial to deploy all or at least some of your troops on the table instead of keeping them in reserve. So your bikes won't always be the sole targets to shoot at in the first turn. Although honestly that's usually a good thing if the opponent tries to take out the bikes given that they are T(5) 2W models and can turbo boost for a 3++ save. They're difficult to kill and it protects the rest of your assault forces until they can get in close and wreak havoc.

Another element that makes them excellent in conjunction with DoA armies is that they can turbo boost to provide cover for the jumpers as they deepstrike in. If the board lacks terrain to deepstrike behind, you can land your troops within next turn assault range, and turbo boost the bikes so they are partially blocking LoS infront of the infantry units. The Bikes get a 3++ since they turbo boosted, and the infantry get a 4++ from shooting since the bikes are providing cover.

As anything though, play with it, see if you like it, they aren't for everyone. Personally though they're my unit of choice for a heavy support option for my DoA armies, I think they synergize very well. I'm always hard pressed to make a list without at least including a unit of attack bikes.

For a long while I played a list with attack bikes and then a 5man Bike squad with attached MM attack bike, 2 Plasguns and a fist- they were joined by a priest with PW on a bike.

I had phenomenal success with it in the lead up to the 2010 Nationals here, but crashed out hard in the tourney. I still maintain they're really really good.

T5, FNP - hard hard. Im a big, big fan.

For a long while I played a list with attack bikes and then a 5man Bike squad with attached MM attack bike, 2 Plasguns and a fist- they were joined by a priest with PW on a bike.

I had phenomenal success with it in the lead up to the 2010 Nationals here, but crashed out hard in the tourney. I still maintain they're really really good.

I bought the DA-box and will be trying out the bikes for my DOA-army. They look quick, tough and killy.

Do you mind giving us some details so we can learn from your failure? :tu:

I also wanted to ask if anyone know that the Space Marine Bike Squadron Box just only has 3 bikes w/o special weapons/sergeant bits?

It's 3 plastic bike sprues and a small blister with 3 metal torsos; 1 melta, 1 plasma and one sergeant with power sword.

I also wanted to ask if anyone know that the Space Marine Bike Squadron Box just only has 3 bikes w/o special weapons/sergeant bits?

It's 3 plastic bike sprues and a small blister with 3 metal torsos; 1 melta, 1 plasma and one sergeant with power sword.

Thanks for the information, that will help me in deciding on acquiring them.

Archived