Imperial Fists vs. Chaos

Azatoth

Though I dabble in 3D graphics myself, please understand that this piece is not by me. I still found it good enough to dare and post it up here for our hopefull enjoyment.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2009/245/d/f/Until_The_Day_We_Die_by_Destr3ga.jpg

I would place it during the heresy era and the fighting for terra.

What an amazing piece!

The thing I am really digging is the guys with two bolters.

Trooper: Sarge, I just figured out how to double my firepower!

Sarge: How's that?

Trooper: Just give me another bolter!

Sarge: <faceplam>

Thanx for posting this, it's awesome.

Nicely done. Am I reading the placement of Imperial Fists correctly, when I say that the few that are facing the camera are meant to be facing additional enemies? Implying, then, that the IF are surrounded? Or am I rooting too hard for my team?

It is indeed a brilliant piece of work, very similar in style to the covers of several BL novels. Care to share who the actual artist is (if you know)?

It won't be Heresy era though, several things just don't match with that period, including Lysander.

Am I the only one who sees the rightmost Fist (bottom of the frame, just right of center) laying a gentle hand on a Khornate's pauldron? :o

no, you are not the only one: but i did take the time to read all the other posts before commenting on that.

i can hear it now: " excuse me sir hell spawn of the warp, i've seem to have misplaced my bolt pistol and you seem to be standing on it... now if you don't mind..."

Am I the only one who sees the rightmost Fist (bottom of the frame, just right of center) laying a gentle hand on a Khornate's pauldron? ;)

no, you are not the only one: but i did take the time to read all the other posts before commenting on that.

i can hear it now: " excuse me sir hell spawn of the warp, i've seem to have misplaced my bolt pistol and you seem to be standing on it... now if you don't mind..."

Why you would see it that way is beyond me. Especially since you can see that the same Fist has his chainsword pulled back in position to be stabbed straight up and into the berserker he has a hand on (to hold steady so he can thrust the sword). :D

Why you would see it that way is beyond me. Especially since you can see that the same Fist has his chainsword pulled back in position to be stabbed straight up and into the berserker he has a hand on (to hold steady so he can thrust the sword). :lol:

If he was going to hold the traitor steady, his hand would be gripping, not caressing :)

Archived