Pre-Heresy/Loyalist Death Guard

Daylight

I have recently recieved the majority of my FW pre-heresy army, and I've been wanting to do a more infantry-focused Death Guard list since reading Flight of the Eisenstein. So, without further ado, here is what little fluff I have on the army, were I to use them in an m41 battle or campaign.

Elements of the 6th company were on route to Isstvan III to be (unknown to them) purged, but were slightly delayed. They were still in the warp when the storms from the loss of life due to the bombing of Isstvan III began, and were trapped there for (what seemed to them) weeks. When they emerged, it was the 41st millenium. They retained the knowledge of the creation and maintenece of their pre-heresy equipment, and continue to use it over the newer marks. They now recruit and operate much like a fleet based chapter, having been thoroughly tested for purity upon being discovered by the Imperium.

I know the whole delayed in the warp thing is kind of cliche, but I figure it gives me an excuse to use them as a "modern" force as well as a pre-heresy one. The army will consist of:

1 librarian (Loth)

1 10 man tac squad (melta, MM, pfist)

1 10 man tac squad (melta, MM, psword)

1 10 man tac squad (flamer, HB, Combi-flamer)

1 5 man devestator squad (ML, ML, LC, PC)

1 5 man assault squad (flamer)

1 Contemptor dreadnought (TLLC, DCCW with stormbolter)

1 Deimos predator tank (not sure of armament yet)

My 2012 LPC is one of the 10 man tactical squad. This is the first member of the squad, a marine with a multi-melta.

gallery_55253_5732_156893.jpg

gallery_55253_5732_89758.jpg

gallery_55253_5732_535672.jpg

C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.

Decent pose, brother. I'd urge you to drill out that bolt pistol's muzzle brakes, though (the angles in the photos are unclear, they might be drilled, or they might not).

Good luck with your vow. :P

I have trouble with the 'having been thoroughly tested and given then stamp of approval' angle, it seems waaaaaay too light and fluffy for the 40K universe. Captain Lysander was put through weeks of torturous investigation just for having been captured by chaos space marines. To my mind it would be cooler if the loyalist Death Guard were still being chased around the galaxy by Emperor-loving zealots baying for their blood. That way you also have an excuse to play against whoever you want, including other chapters, imperial guard, etc. I think sometimes a better backstory can be had (especially in this setting) with a good dose of tragedy and misunderstanding.

But that's possibly just me.

• 2 months later...

Archived