Doom of Malantai

afrodude112

I've got a bug player that I play on a regular basis with my Grey Knights and was wondering if the Doom of Malantai counted as a psyker.

I say yes because its ment to be a super zoanthrope and psyker in all the fluff.

He says no because it never has to pass a psychic test and "apparently" isn't a psyker in rules.

So, what do you guys think?

Yes, it is. Quite clearly on its bestiary and army entry page it says it's a psyker, that is the only criteria for being one. It doesn't matter if you don't take the test of not, if it says psyker in its special rules then its a psyker. Eldar Warlocks auto-pass their psychic tests, they're still psykers because they have the psyker special rule.

Tell your opponent to turn to page 58 of his codex and read out loud the list of keywords next to special rules. Then give him that look, you know the one that says "you really should fully read your armies rules before you play." :)
This, it is right there, plain as day.

Doom has Shadows in the Warp.

G :P

So? Doesn't mean it's a psyker, Trygon Prime has Shadow in the Warp but it's not a psyker. Same with Tyranid Warriors, Shrikes, Prime etc.

G :lol:

So? Doesn't mean it's a psyker, Trygon Prime has Shadow in the Warp but it's not a psyker. Same with Tyranid Warriors, Shrikes, Prime etc.

It has psyker in his special rules, its list above the shadows thing (page 89).

G :lol:

I think we've already established that but the point was that SitW does not mean that a model is a psyker.

G :P

I think we've already established that but the point was that SitW does not mean that a model is a psyker.

This, I even argued that Doom is a psyker in the first reply to this question, I'm not contesting it. What I am contesting is the idea that having Shadows means you are a psyker, which is clearly incorrect if you look at the Codex.

Archived