Successor chapters DW and RW

Valkyrion

Would it be against DA convention if the 1st company of a successor included power armour and the second company included things other than bikes and speeders?

The unforgiven are very close and I'm sure would tend to operate along similar lines, so would such a deviance from the DA norm be...er...unforgivable? (see what I did there? :unsure: )

Ummm... I'd say yes - unforgivable! :)

The DW and RW is pretty much an Unforgiven signature thing. In order to claim some relation to DAs you'll need to reinforce the notion of their unique structure -such as it is...

As far as gaming goes what you suggest might be considered cross-codex behaviour. :unsure: It'll be like using C:DA with C:SM units. Unless of course you stick to the C:SM. In which case why would you want to call them DA succesors anyway?

As far as gaming goes what you suggest might be considered cross-codex behaviour. :huh: It'll be like using C:DA with C:SM units. Unless of course you stick to the C:SM. In which case why would you want to call them DA succesors anyway?

Fluff reasons most likely,even if someone uses the SM codex,why play his chapter as UM successors?Its too common and meh...

But i agree on the principle 'Either take the full pie or leave it.'I know iv been there and i turned back.

Doesn't one of the IA (Maybe on of the Vrakks books.) books have DA Veterans from a successor in power armour... I don't remember if it stated they were 1st company veterans or not.

I don't recall your exact reference but Company Veterans (as in Companies 3-9) are grouped together in squads. These are of course in power armour. First Company always fights in terminator armour.

The question is how many successors know about the fallen. If your chapter dose not know of the deep dark secret you could go vanilla with them.

I think all of them since they came from the original legion.Dont know though if there are any after-second founding so those could not know.

Doesn't one of the IA (Maybe on of the Vrakks books.) books have DA Veterans from a successor in power armour... I don't remember if it stated they were 1st company veterans or not.

I am not quite sure, but the 40k wiki has the Angels of Absolution veterans listed from the first company and ahve symbols form the fourth as well as the first.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Angels_of_Absolution

"First company veterans" doesn't necessarily mean they aren't terminators.

Valkyrion, if you want to play your army with some 1st company vets in power armour, reserve companies riding bikes etc I don't think that's a problem. The background of the Unforgiven is pretty vague in places and there's room for a lot of variation from the Dark Angels 'norm'. GW keep adding new successor chapters but our stocks of terminator armour are not infinite - eventually somebody won't get the full complement of 100+ suits!

Archived