Dark Angels Upgrade Frame vs Dark Angels Veterans Squad

timdp

Bretheren,

My Dark Angels have gone untouched for a very long time so I wanted to pick up some of the plastic figures and was looking at the Dark Angels Chapter Upgrade Frame and the Dark Angels Company Veterans Squad. They appear to have the same components.

What is the difference between these two products (besides the lack of bases on the upgrade sprues):

Dark Angels Chapter Upgrade Frame, $16.50: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...otCatGameStyle=

and

Dark Angels Company Veterans Squad $25.00: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...otCatGameStyle=

Thanks,

Tim

The generic "command sprue" (with some sergeant parts and special weapons) and bases are included in the veterans box. Otherwise it's exactly the same IIRC.

Whether those are worth it depends on your needs of course ;)

Personally I went for a mix -some boxes and some upgrade sprues.

The generic "command sprue" (with some sergeant parts and special weapons) and bases are included in the veterans box. Otherwise it's exactly the same IIRC.

Whether those are worth it depends on your needs of course :)

Personally I went for a mix -some boxes and some upgrade sprues.

Thanks much for the reply. I have plenty of bits so I will order the sprues...

Tim

You've already gone and labelled the only difference other than price and availability, the inclusion of bases.

They're contain same sprue, all the same parts and bitz brother :)

Tell a lie, the vets box does come with special weapons (plasmas, missile launcher, melta, and flamer) and sergeants bitz as Antarius says, the upgrade sprue may not, I haven't bought it in years, so I can't remember.

Judging from the conclusions of the regular threads we get asking the difference between the contents of the two boxes, they are the same bar bases.

I think there was a thread a week or two ago where we decided that the veterans box used to include the generic command squad sprue (apothecary, standard, plasma gun, meltagun, purity seals etc) but doesn't any more. The fact I've bought two boxes of veterans over the years and only have one command sprue would seem to back that up.

It doesn't include the apothecary thing. That's the command squad.

The box I bought recently did include the generic command/special wpns sprue (the one from the tactical squad box). It may of course have been an old box, but I did buy it straight from GW's site (along with some upgrade sprues, specifically because I was wondering if there was any difference). That's why I'm relatively certain :D

6 and 7, if I recall correctly. I think there's a beaky helmet in there but I do get get muddled sometimes over which parts came from the Ravenwing sprues and which from the veterans.

I was right. This link from the OP shows all the parts.

Archived