Dreadnought

AngelOfDeathXIII

Brothers!

I have a small problem.. I recently got a Furioso Dreadnought, but I can't figure out which one I want to build (liking all of them), so I was hoping some of you might be able to provide me with some advice regarding which Dreadnought would fit the rest of my army best.

The troops I choose my army from are as follows (I'm ashamed to admit that I'm not a 'proper' Blood Angel player).

Dante

Sanguinor

Mephiston

Tycho (both versions)

Captain (on foot)

Honour Guard

Razorback

Librarian (Terminator armour)

Chaplain (Jump pack)

Chaplain (Terminator armour)

Sanguinary Guard

1x PF 5x IP 1 Chapter Banner

Sanguinary Guard

1x PF 5x IP

Terminator squad (10)

Assault Cannon + Heavy Flamer

Sanguinary Priest

Sanguinary Priest (Terminator armour)

Sanguinary Priest (Jump pack)

Tactical Marines (10) *6

Meltagun

Missile launcher

2 Rhino's

Scouts (5)

Bolt pistols and chainswords 1x heavy bolter

Scouts (5)

Snipers 1x Missile Launcher

Death Company (5)

Bolt pistol, chainsword, jump pack, 1x pf

Assault Marines (10) * 1

Jump Packs, Sergeant with powerweapon and melta bombs.

Baal Predator

Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolters

Predator

Twin-linked lascannon, heavy bolters

Dreadnought

Multi-melta, powerfist

Dreadnought

Twin-linked lascannon, powerfist

Devastator Squad (5)

2 Plasma Cannons 2 Heavy Bolters

On all of these squads loadouts can vary.

I prefer a battle-line playstyle using my Tactical Marines to advance while supported by Deep Striking jump troops. I mainly use Dante (with an Sanguinary Guard squad) to lead my army. The Devestators are used to take out elite infantry and I make sure that every squad in my army is capable of busting most tanks...

So.. What do you guys think...

A Death Company Dreadnought?

or

A Furioso Dreadnought?

or

A Furioso Librarian?

I'd also like suggestions for load-outs...

Thanks in advance..

AoDXIII

What do you mean not a proper BA player? You seem to have a lot of BA stuff there...

Take the dread. Dont glue the arms on. Use the furioso sarcophagus, paint it red, paint the force weapon blue. Get some spare ranged weapons from other dreads. Now you can use it as a libby dread, regular furioso, or regular dread.

I've actually been wondering that myself. There's quite a nice video on Youtube about magnetising the front sarcophagus so you can switch between them however the trouble with that is deciding on what colour to do the rest of the Dreadnought. Red Armour plating is fine for the Furioso and Librarian, but it doesn't really fit for the Death Company Dreadnought...

Try to use magnets so you can alter your Furioso load out. That's what I did to mine and it really helps.

I did end up with 3 Furioso in the end. I have a dedicated Libby Furioso (made from a regular Dread using the extra bits from the Furioso kit), DC Furioso and Regular Furioso. All the arms are magnetized so I can change the load out (doesn't matter for Libby) and also to remind me what arm is lost if I get a weapon destroyed result.

What do you mean not a proper BA player? You seem to have a lot of BA stuff there...

Take the dread. Dont glue the arms on. Use the furioso sarcophagus, paint it red, paint the force weapon blue. Get some spare ranged weapons from other dreads. Now you can use it as a libby dread, regular furioso, or regular dread.

I meant that I have a relatively low ammount of combat-orientated troops. I prefer a more 'Codex Astartes' approach, spiced up by the Blood Angel-only troops...

Thanks for the advice guys!

The sarcophagi and arms are easy enough to magnetise and can be switched over from Furioso to Libby very nicely just by painting the libby sarcophagus blue. The DC dread is a bit harder to switch over due to the colour scheme but I already had a normal dread body with forge worlds Chaplain sarcophagus so I didn't bother doing anything with the plastic sarcophagus from the kit.

I don't think a Death Company Dread will work out well for your list- Rage will send it tottering off towards the enemy when you would rather have it staying in your lines. To be honest, I don't think any of the Furioso models will be great for you, as they mainly support an aggressive strategy using Drop Pods or Stormravens, but they certainly make an effective (and reasonably cheap) countercharge unit, so you could do worse. In that respect a Furioso Librarian, though expensive, may add the most punch to your army- its utility abilities will come in handy more often than simply being an AV13 protector unit.

Fear the Darkness can be a good choice, as you can aim it at an expensive unit to try and break their morale, then follow up with shooting to force them to fall back a second time in that same turn. (Remember, broken units automatically fail all morale tests.) Shield of Sanguinous is also very helpful, as it can protect both the Furioso and nearby tanks; infantry benefit from it less, but it's not worthless for them. Wings can let you protect/threaten a larger portion of the battlefield and is sometimes worth it for the amusement value alone.

Archived