The mighty Landraider (pic heavy)

Enzephalon

Hi guys,

First of all. This was intense.

I thought I could paint this thing in a days work. I've been proven horribly wrong.

Took me three days of painting.

25 hours of work I'd say.

Can't tell you how happy I am that it is finally finished. ^^

Some of you might have seen the unpainted conversion. (There are a lot of bits and forgeworld parts involved)

I have been told that it might look too busy, but now that it is painted I think it looks quite decent.

From the group shot you can tell that it will carry assault terminators to battle.

Since they are all veterans I thought it woud be adequate if the crew were also veterans. So according to the ne BA fluff I painted their helmets golden.

What do you think?

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/1/30/323452_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/1/30/323454_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/1/30/323456_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/1/30/323458_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/1/30/323459_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/1/30/323453_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/1/30/323457_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/1/30/323461_md-.JPG

Personally I think yes it's a bit too busy, but that is my personal preferance.

What I really want to say though is busy or not this thing is a monster. I love it.

Paint job and conversion work is top notch mate. Nice terminators aswell. :P

Any more pics of the rest of the army, if it's like this I would love to see it.

Again awesome mate!!!!!

Thank you guys!

1. I love the picture with the Leman Russ you are referring to. It's THE classical joke in my opinion. ^^

So this is a little hommage.

2. There is a bit more of this army. It's not much though, because I'm still relatively new to the hobby. But you can see it in my blog over at dakkadakka: Blog

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/1/26/321801_md-.JPG

Very nice indeed. I certainly don't think it looks to busy. I also like what I can see of what I assume is your terminator Priest, some more photos of him would be cool.

It is a Sanguinary priest in TDA, you're right.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/12/14/305122_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/12/14/305123_md-.JPG

Everything looks great! So intense xD

I can't believe just 3 days work >>

But these three days were horrible. Over seven hours in a row every day. It was quite drepressing, because it was the first model I couldn't finish in a 5 to 8 hours session.

You know... I do not enjoy painting very much. I really don't.

I enjoy holding a finished model in my hand. But that's a competely different thing. ^^

My neck and back are killing me. My eyes start to tear. My fingers are cramping from holding the heavier models. The very process of painting sucks major balls if you ask me.

So I need this rewarding feeling at the end of the day to keep me going. The feeling of finishing a piece of work.

I missed that during the first two days of painting. Really annoying.

And shall I tell you what annoys me even more than painting in general? Vehicles and edge highlighting. Now look back at the raider. Guess what...

I was pretty close to just smash it into someones face. ^^

But these three days were horrible. Over seven hours in a row every day. It was quite drepressing, because it was the first model I couldn't finish in a 5 to 8 hours session.

I enjoy holding a finished model in my hand. But that's a competely different thing. ^^

My neck and back are killing me. My eyes start to tear. My fingers are cramping from holding the heavier models. The very process of painting sucks major balls if you ask me.

So I need this rewarding feeling at the end of the day to keep me going. The feeling of finishing a piece of work.

And shall I tell you what annoys me even more than painting in general? Vehicles and edge highlighting. Now look back at the raider. Guess what...

Don't ever buy a drop pod...I usually don't mind painting. But I am painting one of those and its taking sooo long, and I can't see the end of the tunnel. And lets face it a huge landraider, with custom forge world bits full of vets, is way more eye catching and game defining than a single unimposing pod.

Sad its taking me longer than probably 3-4 razorbacks!!!

So in closing I would just say, enjoy the feeling you have completing your raider, and never, EVER, start painting a pod.

That is all...>_>

PS nice army!

Don't ever buy a drop pod...I usually don't mind painting. But I am painting one of those and its taking sooo long, and I can't see the end of the tunnel. And lets face it a huge landraider, with custom forge world bits full of vets, is way more eye catching and game defining than a single unimposing pod.

So in closing I would just say, enjoy the feeling you have completing your raider, and never, EVER, start painting a pod.

That is all...>_>

PS nice army!

Thank you for the warning. I was thinking about buying one recently, because I need a good way to field my Furioso. Maybe I just field him on foot. ^^

That is all...>_>

PS nice army!

Thank you for the warning. I was thinking about buying one recently, because I need a good way to field my Furioso. Maybe I just field him on foot. ^^

Stormraven.......that just me another Land Raider sized task.

I have been told that it might look too busy, but now that it is painted I think it looks quite decent.

IMHO, it should be busy. The Land Raider isn't just another tank, it's a centerpiece to your army, and a shrine of grinding treads and death. It should be covered in script, painting, decorations, etc...

I think it looks tops. Great job.

IMHO, it should be busy. The Land Raider isn't just another tank, it's a centerpiece to your army, and a shrine of grinding treads and death. It should be covered in script, painting, decorations, etc...

I think it looks tops. Great job.

Well said man.

It is indeed meant to be the centerpiece. It has to be just because of it's sheer size.

I hope I can take some nice pictures soon when I finally have time to take all the stuff to my FLGS and set it up there for a photo session.

I think it looks awesome! Seven hours a day! But your results are totally worth it, a worthy centrepiece, I love the colour.

As someone says Stormravens... they are a painting mission and a half those things, the size of LR, you have to paint it in bits and don't get me started on the turret and the cockpit, and they have a base..*sob*

Seriously though a good job, very well done, I would love to see more of your work

I think it looks awesome! Seven hours a day! But your results are totally worth it, a worthy centrepiece, I love the colour.

As someone says Stormravens... they are a painting mission and a half those things, the size of LR, you have to paint it in bits and don't get me started on the turret and the cockpit, and they have a base..*sob*

Seriously though a good job, very well done, I would love to see more of your work

Thank you.

I was thinking about getting a Stormraven, but after this journey I will think twice. ^^

You can see my stuff in the group shot. Basically that's all I ever did. ^^

Stormraven all the way, or play him as a furio librarian instead. Wings baby, yeah!

The stormraven is also another HUGE painting challenge. Of course it is much like the raider in that when its complete you have a badass centrepiece model.

Not like my bloody pod...

Side note, the pod is completed now. And it doesnt look too bad, just don't look inside...I couldn't work up the motivation to do yellow and black warning sripes on the inside panels. Stupid thing...so tedious!

>_>

Wow, I can only imagine, I don't mind painting, but I've only ever done a straight 5 hour session ^^; nothing over that definitely; and even 5 hours... crazy, I can't come back to the model for a couple of days if I haven't finished it. BUT I can tell you I know what it feels like to hold a finished model in your hand, the reward of a long journey. xD

Archived