ultra's sniper scouts

long time lurker, and recently decided to sign up and post, ive been playing now for about 6 months and have been collecting an ultramarines army in the process.

been working on some sniper scouts for a while now, going against the normal look of them being very "bright" looking usually in blue and gold, with khaki pants, I have instead opted for a more appropriate look for snipers, namely a grey/black/camo pattern, let me know what you think and I will be putting up more pictures as I advance along them, any constructive criticism is more then welcome

also I plan on putting hoods on these guys, but i've yet to do any green stuff sculpting (i've filled holes and magnetized my dreadnought that's about it) so any advice would be totally awesome

apologies for the pictures as well, only got my phone for the moment

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/the_fined/20120131_002103.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/the_fined/20120130_020230.jpg

little bit of touch ups to do on the ammo packs and bomb, but otherwise im fairly happy with where im at right now, but I have a ways to go

First of all hail and welcome, brother. Second, the light strokes on the camo cloak seem to be quite prevalent. I'd advise, maybe, a little less of the white might help. Maybe. :D

Looking good!

There seems to be a lot of scout-love on the B&C recently!

I like the subdued colour scheme. It got me thinking: how about, rather than using the usual bright-white Here-I-Am! Ultramarine insignia, how about painting it on in a more subdued tone, a dull grey perhaps?

Archived