Victory At Last!

Snejk

So, at last i got to taste the sweet taste of victory!

And I feel as if i can actually keep playing this game.

I faced a 1750 pts Tau army. My opponent had 10 Marker lights, lots of shield drones, two big suits with Rail Guns, a skimmer with a Railgun, some sort of transport vehicle and a bunch of dudes in big (Crisis?)suits with some wicked plasma guns and two squads of Fire Warriors, and an HQ guy in a big suits along with some body guards and drones, some sniper drones and a pathfinder squad.

There was some fierce CC, and i assaulted a 10 man Fire Warrior squad with just 3 CSM, killed that squad and proceeded to assault a Bastion occupied by a squad of Pathfinders. Killing most of them with just 1 casualty before my Terminator squad came to reinforce them, killing the remaining Pathfinders after destroying a Skimmer with a big Railgun, and ripping a Transport vehicle to bits, only to proceed to, and end the battle in CC with some suits armed with Twin Linked Railguns and a bunch of Shield drones. That's what I call Terminators!

My DP got killed by massive amounts of Plasma and Railgun fire after butchering the Tau commander and his retinue in CC. He also received a wound when his use of Wind of Chaos ended in a "Perils of the warp" mishap. However he did destroy a Shield drone or two in his second attempt to use it.

My pack of lesser daemons scattered in turn two and ended up in a ruin far off in in my deployment zone and never saw combat, even though they got close after running across half the board.

10 kill points for me. 7 for the Tau.

Coming to grips with Tau always feels satisfying. They act all superior when the rail guns are booming, but the anguished disbelief on a Tau player's face when your foot-weary Marines finally slog the remaining distance from their destroyed transports and begin swinging their chain-blades is... the stuff of dreams.

My pack of lesser daemons scattered in turn two and ended up in a ruin far off in in my deployment zone and never saw combat, even though they got close after running across half the board.

How did this happen? You have to place them within 6" of an icon when they arrive from reserves and they won't scatter. If there is no icon available, they are destroyed if I recall correctly.

How did this happen? You have to place them within 6" of an icon when they arrive from reserves and they won't scatter. If there is no icon available, they are destroyed if I recall correctly.

Ahh... well in that case there it happened because we were sloppy reading the rules. We thought I could place them where i wanted to, and roll for scatter as normal OR chose to place them within 6" of an icon. So they scattered, ended up closer than 1" to an enemy unit and thus he got to deploy them.

To our defence we're still learning the rules...

What was your list like?

I posted the final list in the army list forum. Thread called 1750 vs Tau.

Archived