My LPC Challenge

Mercy 0f Spades

Here's my vow-

I, Mercy 0f Spades of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 2 Five-Man Company Veteran Squads, 3 Razorbacks, a Venerable Dreadnought, and a squad of Deathwing Terminators on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Progress Report as of 2/04/2012 @ 3:04am

Five-Man Company Veterans #1 - COMPLETED!!!

Five-Man Company Veterans #2 - COMPLETED!!!

Razorback #1 - COMPLETED!!!

Razorback #2 - COMPLETED!!!

Razorback #3 - COMPLETED!!!

Venerable Dreadnought - COMPLETED!!!

Deathwing Terminator Squad - COMPLETED!!!

Some of you already know that I had set a personal February 1st deadline with my challenge. Sadly, I did not make this deadline BUT was able to complete my army before my first game of the month which I played this afternoon. In the last month and a half I have put in over 40+ hours of assembling, painting, flocking, and converting my new DA army. I'm extremely proud of it and loved that the first game I got to field it in was against a Space Wolves player. THey just looked great on the table top!

Though I consider my challenge completed the work on my models is not finished. There are still a couple of things that I'd like to add to the army for that extra flare. For instance, within the last 2 weeks I somehow lost all of my transfer sheets and I need to buy the correct washes for my Deathwing. Since I live pretty far away from a GW store and have been hurting on cash these things will just have to wait. Regardless, I will add these in the future when I can take some vacation time from my job to travel out of town to a tournament or something. Before I forget I should mention that I also converted and painted my very own Master of the Deathwing this last week but since it isn't part of my LPC it wasn't included in this report.

.....now I know what you're thinking....

"But Mercy... where are your pics? Some pics sure would have been nice...."

There will be pics but not before I post my very first video Warhammer 40k Battle Report! 1250pts of Dark Angels VS Space Wolves!

REPENT, FOR TOMORROW YOU DIE!!!!

Congrats on finishing your vow. Can't wait to see the batrep video and pics of your army.

Thanks, man! I'm really looking forward to doing a lot of batrep videos for us. Now that I have a camcorder you can be expecting me to flood the forums, lol

I think this first video batrep is a little on the rough side but over the next couple of months I hope to refine my recording techniques. Just be sure to comment on the vids as I post them! I need all the support I can get from my DA brothers.

Archived