Asmodai Conversion

skink

Hi Team.

These images are the result of the Asmodai thread the other week, and took an AGE to find so I hope you guys like them! I thought the Bethor conversion was in the same article, but I was wrong, so I'm posting them both!

gallery_53104_5860_3224633.jpg

Bethor on a bike!

gallery_53104_5860_3121233.jpg

gallery_53104_5860_2088089.jpg

And here is the main reason for the post; my favourite interpretation of Asmodai and his Blades of Reason.

Enjoy!

Early 200's I believe. Iirc it's around about (give or take five issues) 215, I think. Bit of a guess, mind you.

Very good! Just checked with the librarian, and Asmodai is in UK WD 223 (R-Ork's Drift, anyone?!) and Bethor was 222.

This will probably sound stalkerish but the guy who did Asmodai looked really familiar... so two mins later on Facebook I realised he worked at the local GW for years which is why! Turns out he likes my mates band and now works elsewhere with someone else I know. No idea if he still collects though!

"Using heads cut from ratskin scouts..."

Even ten or fifteen years ago that was something you could only do if you were buying models by weight (ie staff). Buy two metal models for each marine? Insanity!

Early 200's I believe. Iirc it's around about (give or take five issues) 215, I think. Bit of a guess, mind you.

Very good! Just checked with the librarian, and Asmodai is in UK WD 223 (R-Ork's Drift, anyone?!) and Bethor was 222.

Thanks. I knew it was around there somewhere. ;)

I do remember Rork's Drift VERY fondly. And the Praetorians. And their Baneblade. :P

Thanks very much Skink for finding the article and sharing, I was really looking to see the Asmodai conversion, and I was not disappointed!

It's always good to see some well-loved DA, they look fantastically old school.

Archived