Dark Angles can you use them?

Gray Knights

I don't see why not, this hobby gives a lot of freedom while still retaining some restrictions. It all really depends on your opponent. A lot of people have custom counts-as armies and some have color schemes and themes that may not really resemble whichever Codex their models are based on. So long as the wargear looks appropriate it should be fine.

The answer is, yes, in most cases. The Veterans and even special characters could be used to simply represent Veterans or special characters from the BA codex.

But the catch is you've got to warn your opponent what everything actually is. Using DA veterans as BA Veterans is pretty obvious provided you've given them the correct wargear, but using Asmodai as Special Character would likely confuse your opponent, so just tell them Asmodai's counting as 'whatever' beforehand. ^_^

I used the robed veteran bodies and legs as BA Vets. They were painted appropriately and had BA shoulder pads from DC and SG boxes so no real issues there.

I've used DA robed vet figures for my Honour Guard. Works really well to represent the Noviate and or the Blood Champion.

Archived