Jump-Pack Counts-as Question

Canis

So I recently bought some Sanguinary Guard and some Grey Knights because I absolutely love giving my marines 2handed weapons and I have all these Personal Teleporters Backpacks from the Grey Knights kit leftover. If any of you were my opponent would you let me model the Personal Teleporter Backpacks and have them count as Jump-Packs? While they may not look very Blood Angels-y I was actually thinking of combining them with the leftover wings from the Sanguinary Guard kit. Also I would probably reserve the conversions for Sergeants rather than a full squad of them.

The idea came to me when I was modelling the wings onto an Apothecary's Backpack to make my Sanguinary Priest stand out a little more. Another question I have that is related is whether or not anyone thinks the Wings + Apothecary Backpack alone would count the model as having a Jump-Pack..in your opinions, of course.

as long as all jump packs in the army looks the same[so for all squads , all hqs etc] then it is not a problem . the problem starts when you have one unit looking X other Y and the third doesnt have any packs at all[neither do the models have heads or arms] , then your breaking the WYSIWYG .

as long as all jump packs in the army looks the same[so for all squads , all hqs etc] then it is not a problem . the problem starts when you have one unit looking X other Y and the third doesnt have any packs at all[neither do the models have heads or arms] , then your breaking the WYSIWYG .

I don't agree with that and neither does GW: if all jump packs have to look the same then you wouldn't be able to use Sanguinary Guard models in an army with Assault/Death Company models. The problem doesn't come from saying "those regular jump packs are jump packs, and so are these weird winged/antennaed packs", the problems start when you say: "this guys with plasma guns are armed with plasma guns, but these guys with plasma guns are armed with meltaguns"

as long as all jump packs in the army looks the same[so for all squads , all hqs etc] then it is not a problem

I don't agree with that and neither does GW:

And neither do I.

Personally, wings signify flight. If you wanted to give them wings alone, then no problem. The Interceptor packs are fine, everyone knows they allow GK to move as jump infantry.

Just don't go trying to pull and teleport shunt shenannagins.. :)

Thank you everyone for your responses, off to converting!..however I can see issues with the Personal Teleporters, while counting as Jump Infantry, may appear misleading so I think I will go for a more Fuel + Propelled Flight conversion instead of Arcane Fancy Teleporty nonsense.

Archived