Command Squads

VIIILegionaire.

Nope, the Apothecary has always been in the Command squad for Space Marines. With Dark Angels though you can get one in a Terminator squad and one in a Ravening squad if you take the appropriate characters, while with Blood Angels, in addition to having the Apothecaries in their Command squads (Honour Guard), you can take them as independent character so they can therefore go in Tactical squads etc. I believe you can take 9, 3 in each Elites slot.

Also, if you're into Imperial Armour rules, the Red Scorpians Chapter can swap their Sergeants for Apothecaries provided you take the necessary character.

Useing them as independent character would be awsome. But i´ll stick to the C:SM. perhaps in new edition.....

Sanguinary Priests (BA apoths) are sort of their thing, along with scoring Assault squads and lots of jump packs and fast vehicles, so C:SM definitely won't have them as independent characters in the next edition, Grey Knights don't even have them as ICs.

If you want to field lots of Apothecaries across the force in C:SM you need to use the Red Scorpian rules in IA.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clarify, Company Champions CANT take Wargear options?

I was thinking of maybe upping his survivability and giving him a Storm Shield (along with 1 other member - using the same shield model) but if he can only use his normal Combat Shield then i might jst leave the other chap without a SS.

Shaabhekh

Just to clarify, Company Champions CANT take Wargear options?

I was thinking of maybe upping his survivability and giving him a Storm Shield (along with 1 other member - using the same shield model) but if he can only use his normal Combat Shield then i might jst leave the other chap without a SS.

Shaabhekh

This is correct.

Nope, the Apothecary has always been in the Command squad for Space Marines.

This is incorrect. In the fourth edition codex, there was a divergence trait which allowed you to upgrade any sergeant to an Apothecary. The option was removed in the current book.

I also tend to run 4 Plasmaguns, Apothecary and Librarian with Null Zone and Avenger in a Drop Pod. Since I use 3 Locator Beacons in my army, this is usually very effective.

Archived