Hit & Run, Consolidation? Rage?

Hatefires

I believe Rage only applies to the Movement Phase, and Hit & Run is movement in the Assault Phase. Dante and the Death Company, when using the Hit & Run rule, may move in any direction.

Rage applies to running and consolidations as well.

This is one case I have no idea how it is supposed to work. Does Hit and Run say its a consolidation or just a move. If it just just a move move them wherever you want. If its a consolidation then they have to move towards the closest which would have to be the one they are already in combat with.

It's not a consolidate move and therefore it not affected by the Rage restrictions.

That would be a resonable interpretation IMHO.

I would also say that it wouldnt be unreasonable to require them to hit and run towards the next closest enemy unit that theyre not in CC with... but hit and run gets all sorts of funky when you do that because its a set distance you go. Thus the simplest answer is to ignore rage during this move. However its worth talking to your opponent about.

It's not a consolidate move and therefore it not affected by the Rage restrictions.

well, there you go. I've never had it come up because I don't use Dante and DC in the same lists.

well, there you go. I've never had it come up because I don't use Dante and DC in the same lists.

I've tried it a couple of times for this very reason. As long as you can make your H&R roll it makes the DC even more devastating as they can get a charge in pretty much every turn. Basically charge in, do untold damage, survive the enemy's own assault phase then break off and charge back in (or hit something else) on your following turn. Awesomesauce!

That would be a resonable interpretation IMHO.

I would also say that it wouldnt be unreasonable to require them to hit and run towards the next closest enemy unit that theyre not in CC with... but hit and run gets all sorts of funky when you do that because its a set distance you go. Thus the simplest answer is to ignore rage during this move. However its worth talking to your opponent about.

... wouldn't be unreasonable based on what?

I mean, if you want to make a houserule, fine i guess. But that's unfairly and grossly penalizing units with rage who might happen to benefit from H+R.

Morollan has it exactly right. It is not any of the three specific types of movement described under the Rage rule, therefore Rage has no effect on Hit+Run. There's no interpretation here - that's what the plain language amounts to.

Is Hit & Run a Consolidation move? Please justify your answer.

The purpose of this is to legitimately use Hit & run to break Death Company from combat to set up for a different assault by attaching Dante.

Thanks!

Its only a consolidation move if the text of the rule calls it one.

AS I don't have access to my rulebook right now, I can not say if the text calls it one or not.

If the test is passed the unit breaks from combat and immediately moves up to 3d6" in a straight line in any direction ignoring the units they are locked with.

Only mention of consolidation is for units no longer locked in combat by the movement of the hit & run unit.

After reading the rule, it states that if 2 units have hit and run are locked in combat the winner of the roll gets to do H&R while the other if it is not in close combat has to do a consolidation move.

The other side is the H&R is done at the end of the assault phase when only consolidation moves happen...

I am just looking for a clear cut definitive answer/ argument.

After reading the rule, it states that if 2 units have hit and run are locked in combat the winner of the roll gets to do H&R while the other if it is not in close combat has to do a consolidation move.

The other side is the H&R is done at the end of the assault phase when only consolidation moves happen...

I am just looking for a clear cut definitive answer/ argument.

If the DC was the last unit left after every other unit had used hit & run to disengage then they would have to consolidate instead but as that is not a hit & run move it doesn't really alter the answer. Hit & Run is not a consolidate move.

Thanks guys, it is difficult to change the mind of the red and black shirts at my local GW... I want to use it this way as a BA player but be able to use it in good conscience against another player also if you catch my drift.

Your question was answered in the other thread.

This is correct, I must have suffered from a lash whip or perils of the warp. I originally thought I had posted in tactica but I was mistaken.

Cool and thanks to whichever moderator combined the 2 threads!

And Thanks greatcrusade08 for providing indisputable proof that since combat has not sent the enemy fleeing or all dead so a consolidation move is not possible and then you can chose to do hit and run if you have the capability.

Archived