Angels of Wrath

zarnak21

VII: 4000 YEARS AGO

“Brother Captain Radfael, respond!”

The blaze of static in Captain Makallan’s comm.-link told him what he did not want to believe: that he and his Company were the only Space Marines left alive in the fortress monastery.

Distant explosions started to rock the dark steel corridor and the staccato bark of bolter fire was drawing closer.

The attack had begun just over five years ago, when the monastery’s long range sensors had detected a rapidly closing Imperial war fleet. Every one of the one thousand warriors who comprised the Angels of Wrath Chapter had known exactly what the fleet represented. Ecclesiastical retribution. By protesting against the Church’s proposal, to replace the chapter’s company chaplains with its own Imperial missionaries, the Angels of Wrath had signed their own death warrants.

Such a scenario might have been unheard of in a saner times but, since the inauguration of George Vandire to the office of High Lord of Terra, the Imperium had been torn asunder. Vandire wanted the Ecclesiarchy to consolidate its power and this meant that institutions who were traditionally exempt from its authority were now being brought to heel.

The ‘proselysation’ of this relatively young chapter was to have been an experiment, and an example. But the Angels of Wrath wanted none of it, their loyalty was only to their Emperor and to the memory of their primarch Lion’El Jonson. They had opted to fight and die to a man, rather than have their ranks diluted by men who were not of their geneseed.

But now, with over ninety percent of his chapter butchered by overwhelming numbers of Ecclesiastical zealots, Makallan faced the most difficult choice of his life: should he order his brothers to rush to certain death, or flee the field? And return with others, for there were others in the galaxy who shared the Lion’s seed, and would avenge this terrible crime.

As the first of the mad-eyed Ecclesiastes rushed into his brothers’ bolter fire, the commander reached his decision.

“Brethren of Company X, make for launch zone secundus!”

Under the covering fire of his brethren , Captain Cornelius Makallan, last commanding officer of the Angels of Wrath, prepared to leave his home. Forever.

So this is - I hope the start of my Index Astates for the Angels of Wrath (something I've been meaning to do for some time). I have already written some extras fluff to fill in the official blurb from the Journal article (if you can call it official).

They will essentialy be the dark angels with several companies of scouts and very small under strength death wing and raven wing. Since they will be rebuilding their strength.

This may be a liittle slow. But I will try and post all of the Covert X article from the Journal.

Is there a DIY Index Astates guide?

• 7 months later...

i was googling a while ago to see if i could find a scheme for angels of wrath as i was considering doing these instead of AoV. knew there was something in an old citadel journal but not managed to see see a copy of that either so than you for sharing.

one of the references i found is:

40k timeline - angels of wrath destryed M37 except some of the 10th company

not much info there unforunately.

Archived