My completed LPC 2012 units

Molloch

This is the first time I've actually posted in the Hall of Honour... it's quite an exciting time!

So my LPC Vow was to build and paint a 10-man Devastator Squad, a Razorback for them (for when they Combat Squad up obviously) and a 10-man Boarding Assault squad outfitted with some of the IA9 stratagems...

So this is where I'm up to: The Devastators and their Razorback are done, as are 4 of the Boarding Marines. I have almost finished the next 3 (see my WIP log for images):

gallery_56371_6963_421829.jpg

gallery_56371_6963_405843.jpg

I am finding these guys quite hard-going despite the shields being awesome. I'm not sure why... anyway they look cool when finished!

And then:

gallery_56371_6963_44241.jpg

Devastator Squad Epheus

gallery_56371_6963_966805.jpg

Sergeant Epheus himself, and the business end of his heavy weapons,

gallery_56371_6963_350373.jpg

And perhaps my favourite Marine ever - he looks totally Badabass (arr har!)

gallery_56371_6963_93125.jpg

And finally, their Razorback. I still haven't settled on a name, but Calibrous Maximus seems oddly appropriate...

gallery_56371_6963_190191.jpg

A quick close-up of the twin-linked Assault Cannons. This is basically just a cut-and-shut job on the Forge World heavy bolter Razorback turret with plastic Terminator assault cannon barrels and some big-ass drum mags from their Deimos Predator...

gallery_56371_6963_1850084.jpg

I picked up the FW Deimos Predator but I wanted to spread the bits around slightly, so that's where the front plate is from. The Razorback turret was just a case of clipping the muzzles from the heavy boltes and delving into my bits box for a coupleof plastic assault cannons, which I snipped off just behind what I call the 'motor', just in front of where the Terminator's hand is. It took a bit of blu-tak work to get then lined up properly, the I just added the drum mags to the sides where some of the 'techy bits' on the sides of the heavy bolters were. Liquid greenstuff to fill any gaps et voila.

Thanks fellas (or indeed ladies if such ye be!)

Captain Semper - it's a basecoat of Tin Bitz, overbrushed with Dwarf Bronze then Shining Gold and finally drybrushed Mithril Silver for that burnished effect. Quick, dirty, requires a large brush but I am quite proud of the result.

And perhaps my favourite Marine ever - he looks totally Badabass (arr har!)

Where is his bolter from? Is it one of the Forge World ones?

Very nice Minotaurs. I love the boarding shields, might have to get a set for myself soon.

Thanks dude - the bolter is from Marneus Calgar's Honour Guard, in fact. Nice use of Badabass :blush:

I have the final 3 guys for the Boarding Squad basecoated and almost finished, so while time is running out I should get them finished...

Archived